One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are some recommended sellers of Phicen parts and accessories who follow through? My experiences so far are starting to turn me off to this collection. Ebay seller acec_union, for instance, sent some wrong parts in one order, was supposed to send the correct items, and so I ordered another head so they could go in with that and save shipping, but there has been no contact of any kind. We're batting 0 in 2 for correct shipment, with 1.5 in 2 for not shipping what's been paid for. This isn't even the only seller I've dealt with whose dropped the ball. Who are some sellers, preferably shipping from the US, who don't do this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had a positive experience with acec_union in the past albeit a while ago. I do recall having to return a head sculpt that did not match. My suggestion try sending a message as if you're inquiring about a new purchase (using the "I have a question about an item" option).

Other sellers I've purchased from for parts/accessories and had better experiences with:
SELLER: kitbashing (1719) 100% positive feedback - probably the best overall selection of parts
SELLER: toyanxietyaz (14664) 100% positive feedback

Also Amazon sells some (limited) head sculpts that have worked out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check them. Thanks. :)

Unfortunately I've already paid for these things, and shouldn't have to pretend I'm a new buyer. I've tried the "i have a question" option, the "not received" option, etc, and am really disheartened. So I'll check those other two. :) Amazon doesn't have the sculpts I'm after. :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
I always check Monkey Depot, Cotswolds Collectibles, Blackops Toys and Giantoy before going to EBay or Amazon. The service from those four is excellent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish Monkey Depot had more of what I'm after, though I might just ask. Not even two weeks ago I asked if there was a chance they still had a particular ensemble I was looking for in stock, the Poptoys X-24, "Captain America Business Suit," which is sold out and not being made anymore, and they didn't, but managed to get me one at retail. That is so, so awesome and above and beyond. :) They've been my check-first for heads, but I should just ask about this particular one. They might have it!

And those other three will also be on my check-list. Thanks!

(acec-union still hasn't shipped, still isn't responding, but has gotten positive feedback from other buyers who bought after I did. This isn't okay. If they're out of the head, just say so. If there's another problem, just say so. But still send the parts missing from the previous order.)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, civilian fashion that is good quality is hard to come by. My son and I are working on a series of female private military contractors and are having a hard time finding basic things like a long sleeved t-shirt that isn't low cut or female non plastic hiking boots.

·
Registered
120 Posts
(acec-union still hasn't shipped, still isn't responding, but has gotten positive feedback from other buyers who bought after I did. This isn't okay. If they're out of the head, just say so. If there's another problem, just say so. But still send the parts missing from the previous order.)
Helllo Aria, please check your private messaging. I received a response from acec_union that might be helpful to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm new and I'm just going to jump in here because someone is asking about clothes: Opportunity to get lucky: American seamstress with an embarrassing # of years experience and an unbelievable fabric collection is looking for a challenge. I am looking for information, not money. In exchange for useful information, you would get whatever clothing you want for your 1/6 figure. (Nothing that has already been done-yawn).

Just hoping someone will send me a picture or drawing of something cool that would be challenging and fun to make. I have a list of questions. Your new clothes may be reproduced/restyled for my 22a, or other people. It is highly unlikely that I would ever make 3 of any design-yawn. I really enjoy design and trying to get it perfect. Really not interested in sewing the same thing multiple times. Here are some examples of the type of information I am seeking:

From my experience, the differences in the Phicen bodies would equal really different sizes if blown up to human size. People are paying a fortune for one size fits all clothes. Would like good measurements on different models.

Staining: This is a very complicated issue, but in the thread I saw on this site the most damage was caused by black socks off the Internet. Do people have a problem with black lingerie? I would guess those socks are black nylon-does anyone remember if they felt kind of dusty when you first touched them?

My husband just found out he is getting me my first Phicen for Christmas, lol. I certainly can't own every different body type/size/manufacturer. So this would need to be done like couture/tailoring. Someone send me a picture with measurements. I would make a mock up in inexpensive fabric and mail to you. You would mark up, cut, tape....whatever you need to do in order to show the exact fit/style details. If that goes well, I send you the garments. If it doesn't, we might have to do more mock ups. You would have to be patient until the mock up is exactly what you want. Honestly, last time I did this for a doll, it took 7. Good thing they don't put on holiday pounds, or whine, cry etc. I have a long list on why it is better to sew for dolls than people (based on the old offensively funny women/beer list).

This is my first post, if I have done it wrong, so sorry please forgive me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome to the forum and a good first post.

On staining, yes black clothes of any type can be a problem. I too try to use saran wrap when aesthetically possible. Although I’m finding less staining issues with the designed character TBLeague figures.

I don’t have an immediate need for 1/6 clothes. I will say I’ve done a custom figure titled The Thief which challenged my patience & threading skills in sewing 2 elements of that figure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! Until/unless I can make sure a dye is stable, I think I can just line black clothes....I'll play with that. Someone above was looking for a shirt to play with their son...made me sad they can't find what they need. Sounds like something that would take me about 15 minutes. When I said "yawn" I did not mean I wouldn't respond to desperate requests, especially if kids are involved. I just want to play with these figures and people who love them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Aria, as I have explained to you on eBay, my mom just got diagnosed with lung cancer and I was out of town to visit her. It was an emergency and I didn't really have time to keep you posted for the delay before I left.

In regard to the item you mentioned which was sent incorrectly, the M33 male figure was supposed to come with 2 big size male genitals, but PHICEN (TBLeague) actually made a change without noticing the dealers that it now comes with 3 normal size instead. That's why we didn't notice the issue until we got the feedback from our buyers. For the delayed shipment, I have sent a message to ask if you would like to wait or get a refund, but you didn't answer. Anyway, I have already sent you a free replacement of the 2 big size genitals and also have you keep the 3 normal size one you received. The replacement was shipped along with new order of female head sculpt.

Unfortunately, you were not pleased with what I said and you believe I should have done better even when I am in such a tough situation because you were able to handle it very well when you had experienced something similar. I'm not trying to find an excuse, but I have to say REALITY is not always as what we expected. Everyone has their stories and not every problem can be fixed in your way.

Let's be fair & honest. It's not nice to leave a negative feedback on the order which was shipped and delivered so smoothly. And I have been doing my best to get the problem resolved for you. I'm a seller on eBay, but I'm also a son, a husband, and a dad. I have family that I love and care. As a business man, I've been working so hard to keep my business in a good shape and also to take care of my family. Life is difficult, can we be kinder to someone who's having a hard time?

Thank you & good luck.

Joe - ACEC UNION

1 - 13 of 13 Posts