One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just found the pictures below on their facebook!

"It's been a long while to work out the prototype of Ringwraith! We decided to use metal for his amour and weapons, in order to make it more realistic and close to the original movie design. We spent a lot of effort (yes, again) to craft our figure, only for the purpose to fulfill the eagerness to produce high quality 1/6 action figures which the collectors really want them! Will keep posting how this authentic 1/6 figure from our best series of Lord of the rings, to be developed!"

Seems they are releasing LOTR soon! Exciting series if they are by ACI !
:woohoo

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just copy them from Hong Kong Forum........seems it's Hong Kong exclusive??!!

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Re: Seems ACI Toys is releasing Lord of the Rings figures !!

Curious to see how they handle the hollow-head situation....

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

Wonder what Asmus has to say about this? Or, are Asmus and ACI linked? The same?

Questions abound...

Ought to be cool, though and this was one of my favorite (pretty damn spooky) characters from the films.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts

IIRC of the 2 companies Asmus has the official license. There's a little blurb on ACI's FB saying something like, available exclusively in Hong Kong. I don't quite know what that means. Asmus has also said they were planning on doing something where collecters could get all the Ringwraiths at a lower cost then what a full figure would cost. Guessing some kind of carded set.

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,922 Posts

ACI have also stated that they have made the armour from metal

·
Registered
287 Posts

That armor looks great, makes me wish for a revival of interest in some knight figures.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts

Too bad this is only going to be released in HK, which means speculators will nab these up and rape customers in other countries if you want one. Guess I'll wait for Asmus to release theirs.

·
Registered
545 Posts

Asmus' license is region restricted as well. They just sell through their distributor to get around licensing restrictions. Likewise, ACI sells to DID, and DID sells to everyone else.

That's what distributors are there for. . . well, one of the many reasons they exist.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Asmus' license is region restricted as well. They just sell through their distributor to get around licensing restrictions. Likewise, ACI sells to DID, and DID sells to everyone else.

That's what distributors are there for. . . well, one of the many reasons they exist.
I hope so, otherwise the price will be too high !:knock

·
Registered
3,754 Posts

The Witch-King on Weathertop. Very cool. And since Asmus already did theirs from ROTK, this would be great. Hopefully there'll be a way to get these other than eBay.

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts

This looks awesome. Shudder to think what the price tag will end up being though.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts

This looks awesome. Shudder to think what the price tag will end up being though.
I can't help but think that it's going to be high. All that detail is going to come with a price. With what Asmus has been showing I'm going to stick with them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

"When developing the prototype of the Ringwraith, I found that the costume is one of the most difficult section to handle with. It's not so difficult to make a correct cutting. However, it's very critical to use correct fabric and have a correct design to get the closest likeliness of Nazgûl from the original LOTR movies! Moreover, even if we did all right things with design , cutting and fabric, we still need to answer how we can construct the authentic and accurate image of the Ringwraiths. This was the longest stage which we have made more than 12 different versions of amendment of costume prototypes , in order to have the final satisfactory one as we could see very soon with our official pictures! As when the prototype fixed, another more difficult task is to gurantee the quality of the production, striking to make each figure be the one "we collectors" really want! Frankly, this is not easy to make a such a "simple" costume to look alike the one in the movies in 1/6 scale. I believe that there's only a few leading companies in the industry could do and willing to do so! And this is what ACI has been practicing and learning since we started. I think this is one of the main factors which our company could compete with other leading companies in this wonderful arena. Let's share some of the details of the 1/6 scale Ringwraith costume. All the weathering and worn effect are done with skillful craftsmanship and even a tiny little scratch are hand-made with accurate design."

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts

Nice! I've got my own custom ones and a load of the Toy Biz 1/6 different versions, moulded to the body armour version and the much better attached armour version with more fabric clothing and leather, the only down side to these guys is their oversized weapons so some loose sets of these would be perfect for me. :wink
Just noticed this is the Witch King sword set so no use sadly.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.