One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Fantastic group! Where did you find the blue sneakers?

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Great looking bunch of Russians, a few short years ago, no one would have believed this.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Very nice figures. The BBI vest mods are awesome and the ones that are mostly stock, really show what can be done to improve those old pieces by replacing the zippers with smaller ones. The two vests that BBI made for the Krechet figure were actually very nice but the huge fob on the zippers really dates them by today's standards. Someone with sewing skills could probably make a nice little side income by replacing the zippers on old BBI and Dragon vests with smaller ones for customers willing to send them off for the alterations. When I have a little extra $ available, I'm going to have to discuss just such alterations with Wes.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Thanks! Do you know a good source for 1/6 tiny zippers Scimitar? I salvaged mine from newer vests, but thats not the cheapest way to aquire working zippers for exchanging the old bulky ones.
The only appropriate colors that I've ever been able to find are black and brown. You can try these listings on eBay but the top end of the zipper will have to be trimmed off to fit the length of the vest from bottom to top. A few loops of thread, at the top, over the last tooth on each side of the trimmed to length zipper will work as a zipper stop. You will also need to cut off the little fob on the zipper pull. You can find less expensive mini zippers on eBay but none of them seem to have the little end tab at the bottom of the zipper.

Bjd Doll Dress Sewing Making DIY Material 13cm Open End Mini Zipper BLACK 2pcs | eBay
Bjd Doll Dress Sewing Making DIY Material 13cm Open End Mini Zipper BROWN 2pcs | eBay
4" Tiny Separating DIY Doll Clothes Jacket Nylon Coil Open End Sewing Zippers #0 | eBay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts