One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of organising a Toshiro Mifune head sculpt as he appears in the Yojimbo / Sanjuro films.

The sculpt is based on an excellent one-off creation I saw by zztop (link here).

Here are some pictures of zztop's creation, which is the basic look we are going for with the head sculpt.

The sculptor is Rocco Tartamella. examples of his previous work are below:

Based on Rocco's previous work, the unpainted Toshiro Mifune head sculpt should cost $70 + shipping. Turn around time is usually very fast with Rocco, he usually starts and finishes a sculpt within a week or so.

Dan from Unleash Viper Customs also makes excellent outfits for Samurai figures including Yojimbo, and is a great option for those wanting an outfit to match.

Note: This is not a sales thread. Basically we just need to let the artist know that there are people interested in this sculpt, and assuming we have enough interest, he will offer the sculpt for sale himself.

Please let me know if you're interested, and I can let the artist know.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
Re: Sculpt Interest - Toshiro Mifune (Yojimbo / Sanjuro)

I'd be interested in this head sculpt.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

looks beautiful
Keep in mind, that Mifune is by zztop. Another sculptor is supposed to be doing a sculpt based on that.

As ever, it is important to check out the individuals involved, and proceed with caution.

Mike

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Keep in mind, that Mifune is by zztop. Another sculptor is supposed to be doing a sculpt based on that.

As ever, it is important to check out the individuals involved, and proceed with caution.

Mike
^Precisely this. Hopefully it's clear from the description that this is a project inspired by zztop's custom which is pictured in this thread, it's not going to be exactly the same.

Yunsil's outfit will be unique and an original design, as will Rocco's head sculpt based on their viewing of the source material. The sculpt will also be neckless due to the open kimono that the character always wears.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks guys, 20 people have messaged their interest so the sculptor will be starting on this one next month.

I'll post a link to the sculptor's sales thread once the head is finished and if you like what you see you'll be able to purchase one directly from him (unpainted).

Thanks to those who showed interest to make this happen.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The head sculpt is now complete and now up for sale by the artist. Thanks to those who expressed interest to make this happen.

If you're interested in buying a sculpt, you can find Rocco Tartamella on facebook and get in touch with him through there.

Outfits for Yojimbo can be purchased through Unleashed Viper Customs (also on facebook).

There will possibly be a limited run through Yunsil of a silk kimono outfit but this won't be cheap as we only have 13 people or so ordering. Let me know if you're interested and I can give you the details.

Pics of the completed sculpt:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Greetings,

Man, I missed the boat big time on this head sculpt. Need one bad, is it still available?

Thanks.
PzrFaust
You might be able to still order it through the sculptor Rocco Tartamella. He is on facebook and the sideshow forums.
If you have no luck getting one let me know, I may still have a spare unpainted head at home that I could sell you.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is mine that I painted up a while back. The sculpt has its flaws but it's better than no Yojimbo sculpt at all.

be5HvoH.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is amazing! Excellent work. Will you be selling these or is this just a one-off for yourself?
Thanks for the kind words, stevejack2.
I probably make some casts of it and put them in my esty store eventually. I still want to tweak a bit so might be a while.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts