One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Haven't posted anything new in a while. But, fresh from my HK 1/6th shopping binge, have loads of bodies to work on. :)

Here's Vaako, Karl Urban's character from Chronicles of riddick.

Head: modified Hot Toys' 10th montain div sniper
Body: BBi
Armor: sculpted using epoxyclay, soldering lead for detail
Boots: modified DML

I still have to build his huge 3 bladed axe. :)

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Whoa! You scratch builtthe armour with epoxy clay?! Amazing!!! You sculpted onto the body or on something, like body armour?! The finishing looks great, what you meant by "soldering lead", soft metal glued on?!
I like it!!!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Pretty damn cool. I loved the armor in that movie, you did a great job with this. The re-sculpt on the head is pretty good cool too.

C of R is one of those movies, that I like a little more every-time I see it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, guys! Been wanting to do this figure for a long time. Had to wait for a headsculpt to go with it. When i saw the HS on the HT 10th mountain sniper, i thought he could pass for karl urban.

Ey Cal, i tried to look you up while i was in HK 2 weeks ago. :) Good thing i printed out your shopping guide. :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!!! To make the armor, i covered uo a bbi body in tin foil, then sculpted a base for the actual armor over the foil with modelling clay. after smearing some petroleum jelly all over the clay, i sculpted the armor pieces with epoxy clay (like apoxie sculpt). Waited for the stuff to cure then cleaned up the armor with a dremmel. I then glued soldering lead for detail. First layer of paint was flat black, then dry brushed with gun metal, and then given a final wash of brown ink.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Great subject and work again! Will you be doing his cool helmet with the slide out face/jaw plate too?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.