One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
What I miss??????
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started with a BBI M4. Removed the barrel and butt. Saved the sight/ barrel end to add to M16. I built the rail/ barrel cover from styrene. The stock and two of the rail covers are recasts from resin.

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
FOR. THE. LOVE. OF. JEBUS.

Painting tutorial! Please?!

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, Skip1 6!

Excellent work! Really impressive job and some real skill. Thanx for sharing!

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
That loos fantastic.But on the finished product,it looks like the stock is at an angle.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Looks awesome Skip. Good thing I'm set on A4s or else I'd be knocking down your door.
I may still do that, just to get some nice painting tips from you. :evil

Now that he's mentioned it, it does look like the fixed stock shifted upwards on the finished piece, or rather, it looks like a second one altogether? Working on multiples over there? :D

·
What I miss??????
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the fresh eyes guys. I had had to re-attach the butt stock, and it was a bit off kelter. That is a thing of the past now. All that's left is a sling.

The paint job is fairly straightforward. I used Testors Acryl flat black, airbrushed on. The metal wear is Testors Model Master steel, drybrushed on. The entire weapon was flatted with Dullcoat. A little trick I picked up years ago; afterletting the Dullcoat dry to the touch, for a minute or so, rub the parts that need a little luster with a clean cloth. This gives "plastic" parts the proper unpainted look.

The lens in the flashlight is an MV model railroad lens I bought at a local hobby shop. They come in a bunch of sizes, and also in red.

Sam

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.