One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· OSW Admin staff
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or what is better known as the Staghound. As most know this was a US built vehicle that they didn't use. All 4000 of them went to the British and there to the Canadians who used them extensively for the Rec'e units. This particular model is going to be part of the 12 Manitoba Dragoons.

I am building two of these vehicles as I go. One will be sold and one I am keeping for myself...

Like all my builds I use different materials and procedures to try and make it more real. In this case I have used a number of 3d parts on this build. Comments are always welcome.

3d Printed grill work

· OSW Admin staff
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Made some progress on the build. Please excuse the poor photos, taken on my Ipad...trying to find decent light in the house where I am working...

Mock up with the wheel to see height

This is one big wheel....

· OSW Admin staff
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been doing a little bit of work on the Stag (between visits to the hospital...don't ask, I now have a little card saying I have metal in my colon...lol)
There are some of the parts I have been working on. Doors, suspension and covers...as well as the Turret hatches...

Door detail - yes it actually locks and unlocks

Turret with hatches

Hatch detail

· OSW Admin staff
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of the things I am trying to do is make as many items move as possible, like the hatches etc. plus as much detail as my meager skills will allow....
Overall view so far

Rear section with part of the exhaust

Rear engine covers....

Interior...not going crazy here...just enough so when you look inside there is actually something there...

· OSW Admin staff
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spent a little more time working on the Stag. It finally has its wheels...ya....My first time trying to cast hollow wheels. They turned out pretty good for my skill level as well as being a lot lighter then a full resin wheel. Now for the fenders and all the other little bits that bring out the details in the build...
I was also able to get the right width and wheel base with this build...something I have struggle a little bit with on some of my previous builds...I am very happy with the way this one is turning out...

Sorry for the crappy pic...its of the front suspension and steering rack

· OSW Admin staff
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And a picture with a couple of figures to show scale. The staghound is a fairly large vehicle....as you can see compared to the Figures themselves...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.