One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
i draw pictures.....
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola compadres!
here's a little something i did recently. just read a very good book on Armored Reconnaissances units and decided to make a little dio on the subject.
used PAPERCLAY to sculpt..the pros swear by milliput BUT Sorry,....e' that! TOO labor intensive so nope for me..this stuff air dries in 24 so it's all good despite it's imperfections.
also a BIG thanks to the guys here who helped out with the HBT wrap info!

Panzer-Aufklärung-Abteilung 26
Italy
summer 1944
feldwebel

Scouts Out!

the book for the inspiration for this bash,bash

comments welcomed
namaste
Miguel

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Wow! You made good use of that ugly ACE workshop HS, very effective and it adds real dynamics to the figure.
Makes me want to grab that HS now.

Stu

·
Wild Bunch Customs
807 Posts
Amazing work. I really dig these action figure/statue hybrids, huge influence on the direction of my work at this point.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Very well done.....glad to hear the photos helped you out.....the wrap looks a lot lot better.....where did you pick up the shorts ?
Chelseaboy

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Very nice figure - and I'm impressed byt the paperclay(!) work as well.

But to nitpick, that's not a diorama, it's a base. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great figure, sorry to be picky but is the anatomy of the right arm not quite right? The shoulder seems a little low.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Miguel, what was the base body you used for this?
thanks guys! boss, well the body is the DiD new version with exposed joints sculpted over and sven the right shoulder is still posable so no problem poping it a little higher ALTHOUGH it looked within anatomical correctness to me.

peace
Miguel

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I have a buddy that had a talent for seeing potential in unpainted lead figures, always awed me. You have the same kind of eye, who knew the ACE sculpt could look so good? I think the cap helps with the overall facial dimensions, and the snarling sculpt looks much better from your angle. ACE should've ducked their "head on" shot.

The mixture of practical, but decidedly non-elegant uniform components is striking, it seems like German troops in the Med adapted a lot like this. I think you've depicted the recon type quite well. I don't have that book, but have several others which cover the subject, and these guys were innovative, and flexible, with a lot of elan.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts