One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wrapped this one up and wanted to post him up for thoughts and comments. Had to get the SCAR on a bash and
see how I like it, though I still haven't seen photos of real world military use. Anyhow, let me know what you think.

HS/Body- DiD Puller (Hands modified as I really didn't like the bendies)
SCAR-TS
Dropdown/Pistol- SS CIA SOG
Uniform- DML Carded (I Love the Woodlands and this is my favorite)
Boots- Toyriffic
Chest Rig- BBI Lucas (I swapped his out for an ACU model)
Helmet- EBay lucky buy, didnt believe it was real until I saw it on the cover
of a book about Delta
Balaclava- BBI (Thanks Warlords Keep)

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Very nice - that helmet is a classic ( DML Clay if I recall ) Looks great in the bash... SCAR is wicked too:thumb

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Looks good, but just a couple of comments, and only because you asked.

Move the dropdown holster further forward, closer to the front of the leg. This makes for an easier and faster draw.

Tuck in his shirt. This makes his belt available to hang that bayonet (although most special operations troops don't carry a bayonet, but a knife better suited to fighting), and makes anything else on the belt more easily accessible. Speaking of belt mounted equipment, where are his spare pistol magazines?

Move the strobe from his right shoulder strap to somewhere that won't interfere with a good, solid placement of his buttstock.

Police up the extra commo cable. Right now, it's set up nicely to interfere with a smooth transition from long gun to pistol or just hang up on any protruding object that might be encountered in a house.

Again, he looks good. Just a few helpful suggestions.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the critique Steve-O, I will make the necesary adjustments. Joker, I used the SCAR-L from Toy Soldier. I am still used to 5.56 and have a tough time visualizing 7.62, but I will get there.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Made the suggested fixes other than the bayonet, I just plain like it, though I will likely order a regular combat type knife as I tinker with this bash over time. I think that this may be my continual work in progress. I will get some pix up as I update him. There is a spare pistol mag in the dropdown, but otherwise I opted not to put on a loose double mag pouch. I may still add it but I like to not overload em.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts