One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Painter
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"You are the brother I've been searching for!"

As promised, guys, please welcome-Savage Opress.
Sculpted by Santi. Casting in process, more villains to come...

Savage Opress
1:6.
Sculpted by Santi
Painted by Mary Frost

Here is some truly awesome custom from our client Dayle H.(Great Britain) using our Savage Opress sculpt, enjoy!
Photo courtesy of Dayle H.

Here are some more customs using our sculpt, from our client Ed Twist(USA), this time it`s Savage Opress, two of them actually!
Look at this bad boys, what a great job, thanks for sharing! Pictures are courtesy of Ed Twist.​

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Brilliant! How can I get a cast? Love your paint apps, just don't think I can afford them :bag

·
Painter
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The paint apps are magnificent!
The sculpt is well done as well a great looking Sith!

Cya
Hankster
Brilliant! How can I get a cast? Love your paint apps, just don't think I can afford them :bag
Thank you very much, guys!

Shovelchop81, I apologize to be so late to answer you. This head sculpt is Limited Edition (Only 22 hand-signed pieces) and available painted version only, for $130. Sorry, we had a bad experience with selling just casts.

·
11,540 Posts
Thank you very much, guys!

Shovelchop81, I apologize to be so late to answer you. This head sculpt is Limited Edition (Only 22 hand-signed pieces) and available painted version only, for $130. Sorry, we had a bad experience with selling just casts.
Ah, I hadn't thought of that, I guess someone started copying and selling yours? That sucks. I know Ada Wong got around that by either charging full price for a private commission like you do or charging half of that but keeping the rights to the master mould and selling many recasts at cheap prices that would make it non profitable for pirates/thieves to sell recasts of her work as the quality would be lower and the price no cheaper than hers. Just an idea you might consider? Worked well for her for years but she's moved on to robot kits etc.. now; most of her sculpts were living actors in human form so 3D scanning probably hurt her business badly but since you do more comic and fantasy it shouldn't affect you so much.

·
Painter
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, I hadn't thought of that, I guess someone started copying and selling yours? That sucks. I know Ada Wong got around that by either charging full price for a private commission like you do or charging half of that but keeping the rights to the master mould and selling many recasts at cheap prices that would make it non profitable for pirates/thieves to sell recasts of her work as the quality would be lower and the price no cheaper than hers. Just an idea you might consider? Worked well for her for years but she's moved on to robot kits etc.. now; most of her sculpts were living actors in human form so 3D scanning probably hurt her business badly but since you do more comic and fantasy it shouldn't affect you so much.
Yes, you noticed that correctly. 3 D scanning hurts portrait sculpting and art overall. Thats why we mostly working on comic characters. Detective Spooner (from 'I, robot' ) said: "I have an idea for one of your commercials: You could see a carpenter, making a beautiful chair, and then one of your robots comes in, and makes a better chair, twice as fast. And then you superimpose on the screen: "USR. ****ting on the little guy." That would be the fade-out." This is price of progress.
You have a good idea with cheap casts, but it not really works for us. On EBay, a painted cast cost around $30. Most of them from China. For us almost half of the price will be cost of international shipping, plus PayPal and eBay fees. We will spend around 2 hours for casting, packing, shipping and weeks of sculpting work for $10 minus expenses on materials, and you will get NOT PAINTED sculpt from us. Anyway, many people will prefer painted sculpt for the same amount, but , at the same time, we can't afford price $30 for our quality and working time... Recasters steal sculptor's work, use cheap materials (usually have bad quality cast: warp, low details, holes etc), not spend so much time for advertisement (hs already recognizable), and usually cost of living in their countries is cheaper ( $10 for them , not the same in US). We are small family own business, and we are doing that for living. That's why we sell limited edition for that price.

·
11,540 Posts
I wasn't questioning your operation, it was just an idea. Very good point about the cost of living differences!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.