One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
CUSTOM USER TITLE
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Some time ago you may all remember the Dave Nary Tribute Figure that was constructed by the members here and presented to the SASR Museum in Perth.
Today I received a number of copies of the magazine "The Wanderer" an SASR Historical Magazine.
For those of you who helped I would like to send you a free copy of the magazine which is a SASR 50th Anniversay Issue. Just please fix up the postage.
After these have been handed out the rest will be distributed on a first come first serve basis. I do stress though this is a very rare opportunity to own a copy as these are not usually distributed "out of the circle".
Those faces without names in the magazine, please do not ask who they are or what they do, any question not relating to the figure I will not answer for opsec reasons.

Again thankyou so so much guys this meant alot to me, the Nary Family and the members of the Regiment.

PM me.

Austeyr.

·
CUSTOM USER TITLE
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Have just been through the old Dave thread and these are the people I have down who have contributed.
Could they please contact me with an address ASAP please.

Hardcase01
Pukingdog
Banjoman1000
Payneja
Lowlight
Sir Eton FlipFlop
1911williams
Laughinggravy2
Onimk
johno7
SRamos

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Hey Sean,

If there are any left over for non-contributors, please stick my name on the list.

And shouldn't you be making the most of the honeymoon period, rather than hanging out here?!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Got mine as well, nice to see your mug there, Sean. I believe I could spend a great deal of time at the Historical Collection, given the opportunity. As for the "Nary Doll", the name sort of sings.

·
CUSTOM USER TITLE
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mate that is a friend of mine in Perth that I asked kindly to present the figure to the museum. I unfortunately couldn't get there in time, and was extremely low on funds at that time.
Never the less it's a fantastic article and I'm overwhelmed by the generosity shown by the members here.
Fantastic effort by all.
Unfortunately since the accident that happened with Dave we have lost 3 other members in a car accident, one recently on active service in Afghanistan, one in a Helicopter accident off Fiji and just yesterday a 26 year old Commando in Afghanistan.
It's sad but these men pass doing what they love.

Austeyr.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Damn, "brain-fade" on your mate, I remember that now. The In Memorium section's a tough lookover all right. A hard reminder that SASR members' lives are on the line every moment, not just in combat.

·
Enjoying the View
1,136 Posts
May I have a copy of the magazine, after everyone who contributed to the figure receives theirs?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.