One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ol`timey!
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G`Day,
I`d like to add a Samurai figure to my ""Warriors through Time" collection, but I` haven`t really kept track of what`s been released.
What`s available that`s somewhat affordable, but still decent? I don`t mind doing some customizing upgrades, in fact I`d prefer to have to! :)
Doesn`t have to be a complete figure either, an outfit set would be fine.

Any help appreciated...~MERK

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
DiD makes great samurai figures, but price is at around $130. Sea International did a samurai figure couple of years ago which is also nice, but all armor is plastic - price is much better though, under $100 (btw, I have one open on display and do not really have space for him anymore, if you are interested please PM me). Other then that, I'm not aware of any samurai figures being released recently...

Alexei

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Depending on what you mean by samurai, MX22 is correct. The three DID Samurai and the Sea International Bearskin armour are the 4 dressed in armour, realistic samurai available. they will run you about $100 to $250 with shipping, depending on your ebay skills.

There are some "fantasy" samurai out there, with more "manga" inspired armour, and there are a couple Alfrex samurai in simple kimono's, san armour. While technically samurai, most people would think "guy in a houserobe with a sword".

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Aside from the Alfrex samurai, there's also the two 12" samurai figures -- Daimyo and Ronin -- from Samurai Collectibles. They retailed for less than Alfrex figures, but I haven't seen one, even on eBay, in a real long time.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
and before anyone gets too happy with the offerings at Toys n Swords, almost everything seems to be "sold out", and you will get the "we are sorry, our webmasters haven't updated the system lately" speech.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.