One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
539 Posts
It is gorgeous!
I have a question for those who knows about the Samurai: isn't it that these prominent Samurai have their unique armours, emblems and colours? Or is it possible in this case you have depicted another warrior from the same clan?
Even if this figure is a fantasy interpretation indeed it looks very realistic albeit not quite historical...

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is gorgeous!
I have a question for those who knows about the Samurai: isn't it that these prominent Samurai have their unique armours, emblems and colours? Or is it possible in this case you have depicted another warrior from the same clan?
Even if this figure is a fantasy interpretation indeed it looks very realistic albeit not quite historical...
dear friend I never work by chance! look at the first picture that is an authentic armor is who is the source of my aspiration ......

· Registered
539 Posts
Thanks Francky: indeed you've made a much finer work than the original, looking much closer to the real armours.
I don't know much about the Samurai so my question still remains: is this a generic Samurai of the Nobunaga clan? Is this the specific armour wore only by Oda Nobunaga? Anyway for sure this is a beautiful figure you've made! :bravo

· Registered
41 Posts
Francky08,
Fantastic custom work, I am awe struck! I have a few questions on your kitbash. I managed to acquire a few of the same pieces from CooModel and would like to do a similar project in the future. Where did you get the cord to restring the armour, what kind is it? Did you hand paint all of the sting or are selected pieces rethreaded entirely? What wash did you use? Any prep work on the metal or cord before applying the paint and wash? ..sorry for all the questions but your kit-bash has inspired me to give it a try.

Regards,
Manny

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Francky08,
Fantastic custom work, I am awe struck! I have a few questions on your kitbash. I managed to acquire a few of the same pieces from CooModel and would like to do a similar project in the future. Where did you get the cord to restring the armour, what kind is it? Did you hand paint all of the sting or are selected pieces rethreaded entirely? What wash did you use? Any prep work on the metal or cord before applying the paint and wash? ..sorry for all the questions but your kit-bash has inspired me to give it a try.

Regards,
Manny
thanks for the interest
. I found the thin cotton rope in a fabric store that exists in several thickness is different color
for the weaving which is in blue I have all repainted with acrylic
if you are patient you can all dismount is done again with thin rope of the color of your choice

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.