One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Several weeks ago I got the new PLMB2017-S19B. Been meaning to take some pics but haven't had much time lately. I also was waiting for a S17B for a comparison. I originally ordered the S17B a long time ago, but for some reason it took three tries and two refunds to get it.
I was considering the athletic body but I prefer mid bust, but I will probably get one eventually. The muscular, I don't think I will have a use for.
Here are a couple pics of the S19B sporting a new unbranded Liu Yan head sculpt. Didn't know until after I bought it that it was a likeness of a particular person. (news anchor, model, actress in China) Googled the name, and it is a good likeness. Not that it matters much. She comes in different hair styles and colors-So does the head sculpt. (if there is any interest)
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Joint Leg Human body Waist Thigh
Joint Leg Waist Flash photography Dress

Here are some comparison shots to show body differences and color of the four suntan Phicens that I have. I tried to make the photos as accurate as possible. Just used two direct modelling lights. I color balanced and set exposure using a neutral grey card. I purposely darkened photos a little to avoid glaring and show detail. The background is a white photo umbrella. Minimal Lightroom adjustments. Used neutral setting.
Left to right PLMB2017-S19B PLMB2016-S17B S12D S02A (all suntan models sold without heads) by the way, S12D didn't want to take her boots off
Joint Skin Shoulder Leg Muscle

Shoe Leg Dress Thigh Knee

Joint Skin Hand Hairstyle Shoulder

Overall I like the S19B, but it seems to me mostly a S02A with removable feet. It's not exactly the same, but very similar. The S19B is close in color to the S17B. S19B maybe just a little lighter. The S12D is noticeably darker and S02A is much darker. I'm not sure if all S02's are this dark. Maybe mine is an exception. I was wondering if anyone that has a S02, has a lighter one. Actually, this S02 is over powdered with corn starch. Without starch it is even darker. The other suntans don't seem to lighten much with corn starch.

fan girl (S19B)
Hair Face Head Decorative fan Hairstyle

Hair Head Decorative fan Hand fan Hand

Hair Decorative fan Hand fan Head Hairstyle

Face Joint Hand Shoe Shoulder

Joint Shoulder Arm Human body Neck

Joint Hand Arm Shoulder Leg

Hand fan Decorative fan Eyelash Flash photography Publication

Hair Decorative fan Hand fan Head Lip

Decorative fan Hand fan Orange Flash photography Tints and shades

·
Registered
863 Posts
Very nice photos, especially the fan girl shot which are very artistic!

Thanks for the comparison photos and info. The S19B certainly looks very much like a lighter version of the S02, but on the side view, it looks like the thighs of the S19B are slightly thicker. The S02 seems just a little more slender.

I've been waiting for my S17B too. It's been tied up to ship together with my Superduck Supergirl HS and costume preorder, so that's still a wait away.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks martian. I think the thighs are a little bigger too. Also, the bust may be slightly larger than the S02. The older Phicens, that I will call the 2015 models, have thinner wrists compared to both the 2016's and 2017's. I think the thinner wrists look better. I was thinking of adding some additional comments to this post, but I don't think there is much interest in this figure compared to the athletic and muscular versions.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks navetsea. I did the lighting with a fill light and two narrow beam flashlights. I suppose I could have used Lightroom for some of the light accents, but I like using actual light.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks gofigureme. The head sculpt does work well with this body and the color match is good. The reason I got this head is because I think the face is beautiful and has good realism. The eyes in particular. although the eyebrows could be more detailed and the hair is a bit plasticy looking, but she photographs well. I doubt this head is very popular, maybe looks a little to fashion model. I like this body. It is different from past models, but it is similar to the S02. The abdomen looks identical. The other two models are more unique. I don't have a problem with adding hair below, but I probably won't. I don't have any figures displayed nude, but that would add realism to nude photos like these. Besides, I don't t know how to go about it and I wouldn't want it permanent.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks natural. I remember someone mentioning double stick tape, but didn't think it would work very well. Your figure looks great so that is a good way of doing it. I also heard of using silicon, but I'm sure that would be permanent.
It's not something that I have on the top of my list, but I might try sometime. When I have more time, I have a couple of head sculpts to work on first. Like fixing the hair problem on a Kumik I also want to make some accessories.
On the same subject, I think it's strange that most Phicens and also Jiaou Doll have the private part misplaced. I guess for modesty. In a way, I think why bother. The S19B is set out of sight too. It looks like the S23B is correct. The only figure that I have that is realistic is the S07C.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ah ha! So I'm not the only one who has noticed this anatomical discrepancy!
I can't for the life of me figure this out. The hair helps to mask this error.
I don't think it's for modesty, why sculpt it at all, after all if all your are doing
is playing doll dress up then barbie will suffice!
I wish the manufacturers would stop goofing around just come out with a correct
anatomical doll and be done with it!
I have hope though, they have come along way since I joined a little over two years
ago.
regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.