One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. It has been awhile since I posted my custom work. Not sure what driven me to get started with this project, but it was my long ambition to create a spider tank ever since I watched Ghost in the Shell 18 years ago. This project S.A.T.U. or Special Armored Tank Unit consists of a custom spider tank along with 31 characters/figures, a huge background which is 6 feet wide and about 5.5 feet in height and loads of accessories. It took me 15 months to complete and another month for photographing and editing photos. This is by far the most challenging and time consuming project for me, but I have learned a lot through the process especially being patient.
Finally, thanks God for giving me the strength to push this through and for everyone who has supported this project from the beginning. It can’t be accomplished without all of your help and encouragement. Special thanks to Joel, Wing, Ivan and my family for unconditional support and tolerance. Most of all, thanks to my one and only chief assistant, my beloved wife for her advice and aid.
Since there are too many photos, I will upload them bit by bit, so please stay tune if you are into SF stuff or just 1/6 figure in general. Hope you will like it and gaining your support. Any comments are welcome. ;)

First up is Spider Tank

·
Enjoying life
659 Posts
Re: ***S.A.T.U.- Special Armored Tank Unit- Get Ready to Roll***

That's amazing! I didn't believe it was 1:6 at first. Excellent attention to detail. I could go on and on. I'll close with "Thanks!"

·
My friends call me Ray
7,845 Posts

Gabriel, it is great to see you posting your awesome work here! There is so much to see with this mega project! I don't think people here believe what they see here is really in 1:6 scale. Please post some more shots!

·
Taking over the World
230 Posts

Very nice! I, too would like to see some raw shots of it just as is, not with all the backgrounds added. Want to be able to take it in on its own.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Yes, it is in 1/6 scale and that is why the whole thing is about 5.5 feet in height. Next up, I will begin uploading photos of each 31 characters/figures but I need a bit of time to resize the image and such.

Most of the photos of the spider tank are taken by iphone so the quality was pretty bad and they were used as a referance for myself during the making process, but I thought it would be nice to include them here too.

Hi Doctor Steel. Yes you are right. I should have taken some photos of the finished spider tank by itself, but I was stupid enough forgetting about it as I was rushing to finish the project off. As some of you might notice, one of the reason why it took me so long to finish was because I was going back and forth with this spider tank. I have reconstructed the "legs" 4 times and repainted the whole thing twice as I was not happy with the first paint job. I even rebuild the floor ground twice as the original one was too small to fit in all the characters and parts.

Hi zebraten. Thanks for your comments. I love your work too. ;)

·
Taking over the World
230 Posts

I keep re-looking at it. It's fun to see the clever ways you kitbashed items in to it. Your set up must be huge to contain all of this.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Yeap Doctor Steel. It is mostly just gluing every thing I can get my hands on. To be honest, I truly feel sorry for my family for making a huge mess at the living room and grateful for their support. Anyhow here are the first 4 figures. Will upload them bit by bit . ;)

1 - 20 of 184 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.