One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
curtain twitch er
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

here is the figure i entered for the italian contest. didn't win anything but its the taking part that counts....[yeah, right...only kidding!]. there was some very well done figs in the contest, so i take it as a learning curve and look at other peoples work to try and learn from. anyway here he is and thanks for looking.

thanks again, best wishes
ian

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
I think your figure looks great! And by looking at your figure, I can tell the high standards of the Italian 1:6 competition and to even only taking part in it gives immense pleasure to be among the best. Good work :thumb

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,207 Posts
This is a great figure , with splendid character .. My only problem is that he seems unnaturally short : did you severely shorten him , or is it something to do with the camera angle?

·
curtain twitch er
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you all for the great replies.

unfortuneately i did shorten the legs. i think [know] there was major surgery. i was trying to get a shorter more stocky mongolian russian look to the figure but i must have gone a bit too far. i went through a phase of always taking a bit off here and there in the legs, in the end for no good reason.......it became a bit ocd. anyway the medication works just fine now, resolved my issues and stopped the drastic mods. i read tony bartons article using two figures and a scaled ruler he made to show varying heights of a figure in feet and inches if you are going to shorten them. its not hit and miss there's a common science to the whole thing. so its the old phrase.....if it ain't broke don't fix it.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I asked because I thought that the modification gave an interesting look. The little guy who's been issued or acquired a uniform that's over-sized for him. In my opinion, the hang of the jodhpur-style trousers indicated that very well.

·
curtain twitch er
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I asked because I thought that the modification gave an interesting look. The little guy who's been issued or acquired a uniform that's over-sized for him. In my opinion, the hang of the jodhpur-style trousers indicated that very well.
thanks pukingdog

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.