One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
AK fanatic
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Today, I am posting two bashes that I have had nearly finished for quite some time now. I decided to put some finishing touches on them, but there are some things that I feel are still needed. I skipped weathering on these, for two reasons: I have projects that need to be worked on and finished for others here on the board, and weathering would take some time. Second, I simply did not want to mess either of these uniforms up with pastels. However, when all is said and done, I may go back and tinker with both of them, finish up some small odds and ends, and weather them up a bit. Just keep that in mind!

Both of these bashes are members of the 45th Guards Separate Reconnaissance Regiment of the VDV. First up, we have a member of the special purpose regiment. I was lucky enough to score one of the rare Flecktarn camo uniforms for this bash. The Splav M22 Tarzan vest is a modified BBI Kretchet vest. The AKM with PBS-1 silencer is a Red Horse that has been repainted and weathered a bit. The RPG-26 is a complete custom of mine. It was made with a piece of a pen, a lot of styrene sheeting, and the label was printed on address paper. The backpack he is wearing is the closest that I could find to the SPOSN ATAKA-2 backpack that is commonly used by the 45th. He is also equipped with a MON-50 Claymore with a SPOSN MON-50 claymore pouch.

The second bash that I am presenting is also a member of the 45th who took place in the Georgian War in 2008. He is wearing a custom uniform that I have made. The pattern he is wearing is known as Sever or Flecktarn-D. This particular pattern has seen very limited use, and has only been spotted being used by the VDV 45th during the Georgian war as well as occasional use by Vityaz. The PKM is a custom that I made, as is the PKM SMERSh rig that he is wearing. The Helmet is a ZSH-1, and is inaccurate for VDV use, but I like the look of it better than 6B7-1M that is issued to VDV troops. The Makarov and holster are custom pieces that I have purchased off of other members here on the board. The Mockba Trials are a repainted Adidas shoe that I found online somewhere. Enjoy!

As always, questions, criticism, and comments are always welcome! Thanks for looking!

Wes

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Two great Russians, Wes. I cannot decide which is more impressive, your uniform making skills, or your weapons making. All are outstanding.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Sweet figures Wes! I really like the custom work and all the little details that you've added. I've been considering picking up one of those Flecktarn uniforms but couldn't decide it it was close enough for use as one of the Russian Flecktar patterns. I think you've convinced me with your bash though. The next time I see one for a decent price I'll try and pick it up.

The PKM gunner is awesome. Let me go ahead and ask the usual question. What helmet did you use as a base for your ZSH-1? It kind of looks like the Hasbro Chenowth helmet but the shape of the lower portion appears to be different. The liner looks like the one from the BBI Bruno French paratrooper helmet. You're probably aware but if you wanted to add a 6B7-1M helmet the one from the Krechet figure appears to be a 6B7-1M if you remove the visor and cover though it's a bit too small. As always your custom uniform is amazing.

·
Switched to Lurking...
693 Posts
Well Mr. Daewon_ton, you've gone and done it again by jove! Now I have an entirely new bar to try and match the height of. Stand up stuff man, I like the choice in camo! Your outfits are always top notch. The scratch built RPG is just outstanding! You can send mine as soon as you get done building it. Again, I love the receiver work on you PKM. You really nailed it visually.

·
AK fanatic
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice to see some of the gear you`ve got from me! The PKM gunner is really awesome...as always!
Thanks Eric! your really helped me out on some of that gear!

Awesome work!
Thanks Matt!

Beautiful!
Thanks Mike! You were the one that started it all for me! Lol

Two great Russians, Wes. I cannot decide which is more impressive, your uniform making skills, or your weapons making. All are outstanding.
Thanks Mike :cheers
The custom work is one thing that I love about bashing Russians. It me be difficult at times, but it's very rewarding in the end.

Sweet figures Wes! I really like the custom work and all the little details that you've added. I've been considering picking up one of those Flecktarn uniforms but couldn't decide it it was close enough for use as one of the Russian Flecktar patterns. I think you've convinced me with your bash though. The next time I see one for a decent price I'll try and pick it up.

The PKM gunner is awesome. Let me go ahead and ask the usual question. What helmet did you use as a base for your ZSH-1? It kind of looks like the Hasbro Chenowth helmet but the shape of the lower portion appears to be different. The liner looks like the one from the BBI Bruno French paratrooper helmet. You're probably aware but if you wanted to add a 6B7-1M helmet the one from the Krechet figure appears to be a 6B7-1M if you remove the visor and cover though it's a bit too small. As always your custom uniform is amazing.
Thanks Kenneth! The uniform may be a bit different, but I think it's the best we're gonna get in 1/6. Now, for the helmet. The liner is indeed from the Bruno figure. The shell is actually a custom piece that has been made by Dave70b here on the boards. He did an excellent job. I got a few casts of it a while back. As for the 6B7-1M, I have already planned on using it painted up for my VDV guy when I get all of our KLMK uniforms done! It's already painted green and has the holes filled up from the visor :clap

Well Mr. Daewon_ton, you've gone and done it again by jove! Now I have an entirely new bar to try and match the height of. Stand up stuff man, I like the choice in camo! Your outfits are always top notch. The scratch built RPG is just outstanding! You can send mine as soon as you get done building it. Again, I love the receiver work on you PKM. You really nailed it visually.
Hahaha, that was my goal with this one! I'm still dissapointed in my photography though. That is something that I'm still messing with. At least it's better than the cell phone pictures that I was taking. The RPG-26 has to be my favorite custom piece in my collection as of now, with the PKM in close second. Like I said, I plan on doing some changes over time with each figure, and changing out the links that you kindly gave me is at the top of the list. I just wanted to throw this stuff out there before I hunker down in front of the sewing machine.

·
AK fanatic
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some reference photos that I ended up using as well:

This is my reference for the AKM with PBS-1. It's from the same set of photos

·
Registered
776 Posts
Wes just awesome.... you have been very busy. All of these custom items... wow!! I hope you have more of that Flecktarn-D material 'cus I want two sets of unis.

·
Procastinatus Excelentus
1,226 Posts
Daewon_ton, awesome VDV's and awesome PKM!

One question, I've seen similar Russian patterns, but never the Flecktarn, did you just used it as a proxy or there's a Russian camo based on it like the German Oakleaf pattern?

·
Registered
279 Posts
The masterpiece as always :bravo
Well...

Do you still remember about "Russian modern forces BIG display" thread? :dancing
:applause

PS: did you just google those references out? If not, could you tell me the source pls?

·
Premium Member
6,421 Posts
These are INCREDIBLE bashes. That you made the RPG-26 out of a pen is just mind blowing! I couldn't tell that it started life as something your write with, and you should be very proud of that excellent custom job! I can only wish that I can do Russians like you but your posts serve as an inspiration to me. Please keep producing these wonderful pieces of work! :thumb :thumb :thumb

·
AK fanatic
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wes just awesome.... you have been very busy. All of these custom items... wow!! I hope you have more of that Flecktarn-D material 'cus I want two sets of unis.
Thanks Carlos! Fortunately, both of these figures were mostly complete for a while. They were just sitting around waiting to have finishing touches put on them.

These are some amazing figures. There is so much scratch built goodness; a real treat for the eyes.
Thanks Doug! That's half the fun with bashing Russians. Scratch building these things is bad for my wallet though. Looking at so many reference pictures makes me fall in love with the 1:1 versions of this stuff... Let's just say I have a set of Flecktarn-D in my sights (1:1 that is) :cheers

Daewon_ton, awesome VDV's and awesome PKM!

One question, I've seen similar Russian patterns, but never the Flecktarn, did you just used it as a proxy or there's a Russian camo based on it like the German Oakleaf pattern?
Thanks Garaballo! I'm not sure which set of Flecktarn you are referring to, but here's a break down - SPOSN is a huge manufacturer of Russian Federation gear and uniforms. Both sets of Flecktarn that you see above were produced by SPOSN to be used by the 45th. The first one is undoubtedly influenced by German Flecktarn, but the Russian version that is produced by SPOSN has much less of the red-ish color in it. The Flecktarn-D is most likely just a variant of the first pattern produced by SPOSN that is more suitable for a different region. SPOSN is HUGE on custom suits and camo. I know that you can contact SPOSN and have GORKA made in any camouflage pattern (I've seen SPOSN GORKA made with the German WWII Falchrimjager camo).

Awesome! Where did you get that PKM?!
Thanks Valken! The PKM is a custom weapon that I built from scratch

Wonderful bashes! That RPG is sexy; do want
Thanks Tangero! I put a lot of love into that RPG, I'm glad you like it!

Thanks Otto!

The masterpiece as always :bravo
Well...

Do you still remember about "Russian modern forces BIG display" thread? :dancing
:applause

PS: did you just google those references out? If not, could you tell me the source pls?
Thanks ****! I will make sure to put a few pictures in the thread! The references that I used for Flecktarn-D were just googled, but the ones I used for the regular Flecktarn were taken by Vitaly V Kuzmin. If you google his name, it will probably come up with his site.

These are INCREDIBLE bashes. That you made the RPG-26 out of a pen is just mind blowing! I couldn't tell that it started life as something your write with, and you should be very proud of that excellent custom job! I can only wish that I can do Russians like you but your posts serve as an inspiration to me. Please keep producing these wonderful pieces of work! :thumb :thumb :thumb
Thank you sir! I'm am glad that I could be an inspiration to you. That means a lot! And trust me, I'm not even close to done yet :cheers

·
Procastinatus Excelentus
1,226 Posts
Thanks Garaballo! I'm not sure which set of Flecktarn you are referring to, but here's a break down - SPOSN is a huge manufacturer of Russian Federation gear and uniforms. Both sets of Flecktarn that you see above were produced by SPOSN to be used by the 45th. The first one is undoubtedly influenced by German Flecktarn, but the Russian version that is produced by SPOSN has much less of the red-ish color in it. The Flecktarn-D is most likely just a variant of the first pattern produced by SPOSN that is more suitable for a different region. SPOSN is HUGE on custom suits and camo. I know that you can contact SPOSN and have GORKA made in any camouflage pattern (I've seen SPOSN GORKA made with the German WWII Falchrimjager camo).
Interesting factoid, the Russian PMC I'm working on will be a bit more pleasing to do now.

As for which one I was referring to, I was talking about the Soldier Story Flecktarn, which I have two sets off, good to know I can reuse it for something else than some Deutsche Soldaten (Still plan to, but PMCs have more appeal to me).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts