One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of an RTO for my nam era collections.

What yah think of the head from kumik??

ALSO what body is compatible with his headsculpt?

Maybe purchase the hotoys platoon line helmet for his head to fit? I don't think ACE line for fit on tight... kumik sculpts are quite small compare to other lines.

Thank you for helping to those who are replying!!

Attachments

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
It is a great head sculpt, provided you are happy with the very specific expression at all times. Isn't this supposed to be a famous soccer player?
Anyway, I was waiting for someone more knowledgeable than me to answer you but since they haven't, what body you use is really up to you. If you are going to go for a single look (which might make sense with the facial expression), then you have to ask yourself whether the body will be significantly exposed or completely covered up. The more exposed, the more seamless a body you want here (the best in realism and articulation are Phicen's, among which M32 or M33 might make sense); but you would need to modify your head sculpt to use these. If covered up, you can use a Hot Toys-type body, and go for narrow shoulders and double-jointed elbows. There are various affordable options, like THIS by ZY Toys (feels a little cheap but excellent deal for the price) or the narrow-shoulder World Box bodies like THIS (which is very sturdy and almost as cost-effective; but you would need to modify your head sculpt to use that).

As I mentioned, only some of these bodies are ready to use with your head sculpt, because it comes with an attached neck of its own: in this case, the ZY Toys body I linked above (or something like it) is your natural choice. For the others, which come with their own neck permanently attached to the body, you would have to modify the neck (by slicing it off and doing some additional work on the inside of the head). This type of modification, was discussed recently HERE.

Be aware that Kumik head sculpts often do not match the color of action figure bodies precisely. But if you are going to cover up the figure in a uniform, this would not be much of a problem even if the match is not perfect.

I know very little about modern helmets in 1/6 scale, although I have purchased a couple. One was much smaller than the other, so you have some leeway in terms of choice. I am not sure I can even find out their specific origin at this point.

Hope this helps.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
M1 helmets are "one size fits all", with an adjustable liner in an inner shell. Smaller head? The helmet looks bigger. Bigger melons may look stuffed into the helmet. I think that would give some diversity to your troops.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Much appreciated for replying and sending links to the compatible bodies. I am new to the 1/6 scale so ha! This information will help me a lot for figuring out what to buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts