One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Guns, guns and more guns
1,193 Posts
Ummm... nothing fancy - definitely not up to DiD Samurai quality... I hope it costs less then their usual $60 price tag, doesn't look to have all that many accessories...

Alexei
Well the ninja is priced at $45, and I'm gonna assume that this is also gonna be 45...doesn't seem like they would hike up the pricetag for this one for any reason...

Yeah, def not up to DID's samurai line, but the outfit, headsculpt and handsculpts look alright, and if they're $45 then it's gonna be a good deal.

·
Guns, guns and more guns
1,193 Posts
What do you mean? Like, dividing up the parts to equal up to $45? Looking at the figure itself, it should be feasible to part it out and make a profit, but I'm not a retailer so I dunno how they'll do it. And everything he has is pretty unique and cool, so I don't think there'll be a problem with it selling. The robes look good and Ignite's weapons are always good. And it doesn't hurt to have a good looking asian headsculpt either...

·
Closet Toy Collector
27 Posts
Mmm.. There's not many nice Bushi (Samurai) figures out there, same with Ninjas. (I ordered a kit-bashed ninja recently, when it arrives I will write up a review) Most are fantasy like. So far the only nice Samurai 1/6 is Alfrex's Shinsengumi set. A 3 figure series. Konda Isamu from that series has a solid looking head sculpt. Its sold out and I don't think its retailed out of Japan. Probably the nicest Samurai with Montsuki (That top coat) and pleated hakama (That skirt like thing). The other Alfrex's samurai aren't that nice though. The other 3 Armored Samurai on the market (Masamue, Naomasa, Takeda), I'm kinda of mixed feelings about them. I personally think its going to be hard making a good 'real looking' samurai.

The beads are called Juzu. Buddhist prayer beads. The Katana scabbard (saya) should be worn edge upwards and the Koiguchi (mouth of the scabbard) should be pointed forward. (Actually,that depends on the Ryu-ha (Style) of the Sword School). There are times where the scabbard is pointed sword edge downwards (if worn in the sash),like the photo for example when doing a cut known as 'kiri-age' (rising cut) a ground to sky kind of drawing cut. The scabbard is rotated back to an edge up position after the cut is done. But when walking around, the scabbard is worn edge up. Unless its in Tachi mounts. (i.e when wearing armor usually)

The short sword. (Wakizashi or Kodachi) is worn where the (Tsuba) guard of the short sword is iine up along an imaginary center line of the body. That way when you drawn your Katana the short sword guard will not obstruct your draw.

But as long as you like how your figure looks like its all good :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.