One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Companeros,
This figure took me quite a while to research. Thanks to Patrick K and Tony B for the help. I hope you Enjoy.

Rommel, 1917

History

During World War I, Rommel served in France, as well as on the Romanian and Italian fronts, during which time he was wounded three times and awarded the Iron Cross - First and Second Class. Oberleutnant
Rommel of the Wurttemberg Mountain Battalion also became the youngest recipient of Prussia's highest medal, the Pour le Merite, which he received after fighting in the mountains of north-east Italy at Caporetto, specifically at the Battle of Longarone, and the capture of Mount Matajur and its defenders, numbering 150 Italian officers, 7000 men and 81 artillery guns.

THE FIGURE
- The base figure is a repainted History Channel Rommel (it always looked too young to me)
- The skirmutze cap is a SST painted to the colors of the Wüttemberg Bn
- The grey Bergmutze is from scratch and made felt.
- The Mounain coat is a HEAVILLY modified DML winter parka
- The "Tyrolian" backpack is all handmade
- The googles and icepick are DML (identical to WWI era)
saludos
siquisiri

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Ok...facial contour, chin and ear are Rommel, but the eyes are Ledger. It's close enough to be a great presentation though IMHFO.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Not bashing the man's bash. After all he used a Rommel HS. IMO the trouble with that Dragon creation is that it was s'pose to be an WWII Rommel, and in comparison to custom sculpts out of Japan and more recent releases, the DML HS is not very resembling of the real man.

That doesn't take away from the subject or the author's figure, which I have already commented on.

At the very least -- we'll know where to get a Heath Ledger donar headsculpt from as result of, which also IMO would be easily modified to look exactly like dear departed Heath.

2 cents. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.