One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. This figure was made using the Ignite figure of the same name. I switched out the body and h/s for a Hot Toys one.

I'm strange about having exposed knee and elbow joints on my figures, so I used Liquid Latex on his arms and legs to cover them. This also allows me to give his arms (in this case) a bit bigger size, to represent larger forearms. The liquid latex allows me to still bend his arms and legs without any loss of movement, unlike rebuilding them from sculpey would. Besides I'm not that talented to sculpt legs and arms.

The rest of the stuff was all repainted or heavily weathered. H/S repainted with acrylics and pastels.

Thanks for looking and comments/criticisms always welcomed.

Thanks to Waffenguy for the headsup about his helmet issue...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Really impressive figure. Your approch to the joint situation is really well done. I like that the arms and legs even look 'bulked -up' . The weathering is well done too. Great figure.

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very beautiful figure! I like the weathering work a lot! Very natural. You mentioned the liquid latex doesn't take away articulation of the joints. It would be nice if you can show a few photos of different poses. I'm very interested to see how it works. Thanks!
Here's a quick one. he's actually restricted by his uniform, as his armor and tunic ride up...

It's best to get a liquid latex to match the skin tone you want. They make all colors. Because if you paint the latex (at least with acrylic) and you bend the legs, the paint flakes off. That doesn't happen with just the latex alone, as seen here.

I can always provide more pics, if necessary.

·
Proactive Procrastinator
1,330 Posts
Here's a quick one. he's actually restricted by his uniform, as his armor and tunic ride up...

It's best to get a liquid latex to match the skin tone you want. They make all colors. Because if you paint the latex (at least with acrylic) and you bend the legs, the paint flakes off. That doesn't happen with just the latex alone, as seen here.

I can always provide more pics, if necessary.
Thanks for the additional pics and the additional info on the liquid latex. I was wondering if you could paint it.

Very well done an excellent figure and I really like all the details you've added - specially on the hands.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Beautiful work! I think you are quite good at adjusting the equipment, and the pose to give a truly realistic stance. Fantastic work on the weathering as others have stated!
(I might add one suggestion however-check the helmet as I believe you have it on backwards:)

Great figure!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nicely done. Simple, yet beautiful in it's detail. You are very talented indeed.

I'd say the only thing that could add a bit more realism would be to "dirty" up the skin a bit. Perhaps a skinned knee or something? No matter... a beauty as it is. Cheers!

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Beautiful work! I think you are quite good at adjusting the equipment, and the pose to give a truly realistic stance. Fantastic work on the weathering as others have stated!
(I might add one suggestion however-check the helmet as I believe you have it on backwards:)

Great figure!
!!!! I do! I'm a huge tool! Too funny. No wonder it wouldn't fit any head I tried it on. Thanks, it's now corrected.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts