One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts
I have to admit I thought about ordering it; however, I'm on the fence for a variety of reason, but it is not due specifically to price.

IMHO, the cool and retro aspect of the figure is quite worthy. I'm still hung up over the fact that ER is behind the figure in conjunction with GO HERO and PHICEN, but that is my problem.

As for the possible intent of the thread by the OP, the OP was trying for humor (ironic) or don't necessarily know better (only 98 posts thus far).

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
I pre-ordered one from Alter Ego Comics, and it was about the same price before I used my bonus points. It does come with a bit more than just the helmet, jacket and backpack; you also get the large ray cannon, the smaller Luger/raygun, the belt mounted radio pack, and a few more items, and most of the accessories are die cast, which no doubt adds to the cost. It was just too cool for me to pass up!

David

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sorry to raise an old thread from the dead, but this has only just started appearing in European retailer lists... and the price is frightening. There is no need for a Phicen body with this since apart from hands and head what skin will be visible?
It looks amazing, and with my Rocketeer would form a wonderful pairing...

This is a figure I would dearly love... but that is a stupid price tag. You'd be cheaper finding the old Commando Cody resin model and using the helmet, pack and controls to bash your own at less than half the price... if you can find the kit that is.

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
Sorry to raise an old thread from the dead, but this has only just started appearing in European retailer lists... and the price is frightening. There is no need for a Phicen body with this since apart from hands and head what skin will be visible?
It looks amazing, and with my Rocketeer would form a wonderful pairing...

This is a figure I would dearly love... but that is a stupid price tag. You'd be cheaper finding the old Commando Cody resin model and using the helmet, pack and controls to bash your own at less than half the price... if you can find the kit that is.
The Phicen body used is not seamless, so covering it up with clothing works to conceal the joints.

I agree the price is pretty darned high, but I have one and it's very nice. Is it perfect? No, but then what is? I have one of the old resin kits as well, but it just doesn't compare to the action figure.

I agree about pairing the Rocketman with the Rocketeer; it will make one heck of a display! :)

David

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts
It's interesting that the figure is not getting much discussion and exposure within the 1:6 hobby community since it has been released.

I guess the "old school" nature/theme of the figure along with the hefty price deterred 1:6 collectors among other reasons.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I remember when the Dan Dare figure came out it was priced around the £150 mark, which was very expensive for what was basically a very sparse figure. No-one bought them and I was able to get one from a comic shop here in Glasgow for around £20 MIB about 6 years ago.
I still don't know any others who have one.

Back on topic, and wasn't there a Rocketman figure advertised about 10 years ago? I seem to remember seeing it in a catalogue from America... can't remember who. I think it's that place that does all of the Action Man type figures - mostly German lol
Cotswold! Yeah, I think it was in one of their catalogues.

·
Likes little people
1,617 Posts
one of my favorites..but price just too high..I'd expect it to glow in the dark or something at that price...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts