One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
This sounds good to me. Bale and Crow are great together (the only thing good about 3:10 to Yuma), and like them both as actors. Robin Hood is one of my long time heros. I blame Erol Flynn, Basil Rathbone and the 1938 version for my massive collection of swords.

I like the idea of the Sherif as being a more noble person - I thought Shaw did a good job with that in Robin and Marrion. Robin Hood should be dark, the man (myth) robbed from the rich and gave to the poor... I'm sure he did a lot of unsavory things along the way too.

Woohoo! I am a happy camper.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Believe me, I know. I am a huge fan of reading histories. I also studied live steal combat (stage combat, blunt edge), we spent hours and hours talking about and studying what exactly the weapons in our hands were capable of... Brutal. And still, with all that knowledge accidents still happen.

There have been a couple of flix that I thought came damn close to the truth of just how brutal it was. Braveheart - Kingdom of Heaven - and the duel between Shaw and Connerey in Robin and Marion.

None of this takes away from my love of Robin Hood movies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.