One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen, it's with a heavy heart that I report that long time OSW member voodoo has passed away. voodoo's real name was Jay Pearce. I met him through this forum and was lucky enough to meet him in real life and cultivate a friendship with him. While I work overseas, we would make a point of getting together when I was home to visit, go on to Ft. Bragg and just hang out with other Joe collectors. He loved visiting Bragg and it was always a pleasure to show him the museums, training areas and other places that most civilians didn't get to access. He genuinely appreciated all of the military related things that I took for granted, and seeing them through his eyes gave me a renewed appreciation for everything that goes along with serving this great nation. Jay was a long time member of Flash Force Six, and we had common friends before we ever met. He was a teddy bear of a guy who loved God, his family, the 2nd Amendment, America and her fighting men who keep us all free. I plan to attend his funeral in Wilmington, NC, but tonight I'll be raising a glass in his honor, and I invite you to do the same.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,893 Posts
:(

RIP fellow OSW member.

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Rest In Peace

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Punisher 2-2 and I were able to attend Jay's celebration of life this morning in Wilmington, NC. No surprise, there were a LOT of people, and many kind words were said. Jay touched many lives through work, church, 1:6 collecting, mountain bike riding, and just being a good guy. It was bitttersweet, but a we were happy to be there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts