One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Were there any ever made? What companies and how much were they?
I don't remember ever seeing any.

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
The closest thing to riot shields I can think of is the ballistic shields that came with some of the 21st Century Toys SWAT figures.

There was a line of 1/6 action figures made for a TV series here in the UK called 'The Bill' which was about the Metropolitan Police. One of the figures in that, called Public Order or something, came with a small circular riot shield. Not the long rectangle types, but still a riot shield all the same.

Not sure how easy those will be to source though.

EDIT: Here's the figure in question...

·
One Sixth Striker
998 Posts
Good question, I've never seen one either. The only shields I've seen are the Police assault shields, you could call them riot shield as well I guess. But they aren't made entirely of clear materials like the riot shields are being used now.

Those assault shields only have a small slot with clear plastic for eyes to see. They were made by 21C and Dragon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Black Ops Toys had some like a year maybe year and a half ago. I can't remember the brand name for them but they where the black riot shields with the little window in it. They are out there.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
There have been a few made - here are a couple I've had (the round one of from 'The Bill' figure which Oppl mentioned above)

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,286 Posts
The SWAT PT Figures that Big Lots get once in a while has a figure with one.

You may need to scratch build one out of Clear Plastic.

·
firefighterUK
7,029 Posts
21st Century ones are pretty good. Have several of them. The clear circular ones mentioned are cool also. Used by UK Police. Have some of them also. Good for a UK riot copper. All found on ebay.

·
has gone Russian...
346 Posts
I found this GI Joe riot shield on ebay a while ago for a few quid, it's was, at the time, literally the only one I could find, bit of paint and weathering and it came out pretty well.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,157 Posts
BBI made one with their GSG-9 Konrad figure. It's a bit small, and I think it's die cast metal as well.

Dragon SDU Ray figure.

Closest thing to a riot shield that I know of. Not a clear one like most pics show.

·
has gone Russian...
346 Posts
BBI made one with their GSG-9 Konrad figure. It's a bit small, and I think it's die cast metal as well.

Dragon SDU Ray figure.

Closest thing to a riot shield that I know of. Not a clear one like most pics show.
I had one of those! yes its solid metal, and a bit heavy to hold, but a great small shield.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found this GI Joe riot shield on ebay a while ago for a few quid, it's was, at the time, literally the only one I could find, bit of paint and weathering and it came out pretty well.

Sooooooooooo raaaaaaaaaaaad!!!!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everybody! I will keep my eyes open.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts