One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Time Lord Of Flatbush
5,917 Posts
Nice stuff Toyking !
I know we had a Selous Scout refference thread going about a year ago .
Will try to track it down a bit later .
I know PD has some great pics as well .

·
Time Lord Of Flatbush
5,917 Posts
Crap ! ...Can't find it .
PD HEEEEEEEEEELP !
Also ...I forgot to mention that Nickfury has some badass links to images as well .

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Bren gunner

Deception team

Gympy tm

Gympy

Rhodesian poster

Plate from the Blandford ARMY UNIFORMS since 1945 by Digby Smith and Michael Chappell

Selous Scout from Orbis WAR IN PEACE magazine #26 - one inspiration for Aly's great Ridgeback

Scruffy lads

SOF cover

SOF cover 2

Stick

The last pic was scanned in before I figured out how to get a good scan on some of these pics. I'll see if I can find it and scan it back in better quality.

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The troops pictured above are various Rhodesian units, wavehawk. Renamo was a movement backed by the Rhodesian government, and later the South African government. Renamo was supposed to counter the Mozambique Frelimo government, and the Zanla (Zimbabwe African National Liberation Army) it supported in operations against Rhodesia. Confusin', ain't it?

·
Time Lord Of Flatbush
5,917 Posts
NOW WE ARE COOKING WITH GAS !

Thanks for the shout out PD .

Is there a reference archive ?

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Looks like we need to start one, as this all was lost once before. And that remains one of my favorites, Aly. You got him looking just right.

·
All Decade's Fault
2,422 Posts
pukingdog said:
Confusin', ain't it?
- I'll say. So they were previously a government-sposored force, then switched sides? Or the governmentchanged hands and they didn't like the new changes (thus changing allegiances)?

I've just read a bit about Renamo, and what I've read isn't flattering by any stretch of the word.

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
OK troops sorry it took me so long but here are some scans from a recent "Combat and Survival" magazine Hope ya enjoy........

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
here are some more. By the way, the reason I stated this thread is because I am in the middle of some bashes featuring the wars in Africa from the 60's to the 80's. There is some awesome kitbash potential since many of these units used whatever gear they could find from the US, Britian, and USSR.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 87 Posts