One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sideshow ANH Obi-Wan,

Sideshow 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi (A New Hope)

When I was going over my picks for best and worst of the year this week, there was one late December release that really stood out - the new ANH 12" Obi-wan Kenobi from Sideshow. Oh, I can find a few faults here and there, but hey...that's my job. This is a fantastic figure, and if Sideshow did every Star Wars figure (or any other figure) this good, they'd be given sainthood by the Pope. He's a big action figure collector, don't you know.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

I also reviewed the Mighty Muggs Boba Fett earlier this week at QSE, so give that one a gander too. And don't forget that the Poppies contest is ending on Monday for readers (Judges will be finished up tomorrow), with results posted next week! Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend,

Michael
MWC

·
Action Fuger!
3,186 Posts
Great review on the Obi-Wan figure. I got mine last week and I think it's a fantastic figure. Possibly the best of the entire Star Wars line so far, IMO. :thumb

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Obi Wan is definitely Sideshow's best Star Wars release...great likeness, overall an outstanding figure. Much appreciated reviews as usual Michael!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Nice Obi Wan!

Now all I've got to do is convince my retailer to get one, or rather six as that is what the distributor will give him!

Considering the own goals they've scored recently, it's refreshing to see SS do a Beckham for once ie "He shoots, he scores!".

CHEERS!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Great review. If I had had any doubts they have expunged. So far both the Obi Wans and the Mace Windu have been just banging. I wish they had nailed the rest of the line this well.

·
On the Highway of Life
1,933 Posts
Great review...I finally picked up mine yesterday and it is simply amazing !!!
It was like the figure was speaking directly to me and it was saying: " This is the figure that you are looking for...you can go about your business..move along ...move along" :clap

·
Registered
649 Posts
It's the only SS Star Wars figure I haven't been able to pass up (and that's saying a lot!). I thought that one hand was sort of a thoughtful, chin-resting pose too, but then I noticed on the side of the box it's a lightsaber hand, and I remembered he had a weird grip in his duel with Vader. :)nerd) If he held a chopping knife like that, he'd get kicked right out of culinary school.

·
Proactive Procrastinator
1,330 Posts
This figure has one of the best sculpts that I have seen SS do for a Star Wars fig!! Still a little big, but an amazing sculpt IMO.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,076 Posts
This review is spot on. This is by far the best Sideshow Star Wars figure yet. No, really. And the Commander Skywalker (Bespin outfit) is right there with it. Just as Evilalive has shown. Everything about them is excellent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts