One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

REVIEW | Justice League: War

621 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dadrab 
#1 ·
I’ve had the benefit today of viewing the latest DC universe animated original movies series feature JUSTICE LEAGUE: WAR. It was released digitally today; however, it’ll be released on DVD & Blu-Ray on 2/4/2014. It’s based on the DC’s 52 reboot of the JUSTICE LEAGUE: ORIGIN storyline from 2011.

Over the past few years, I’ve enjoyed virtually of the DC universe animated original features. One the main highlights of each feature is the caliber of the voice acting and the different animation nuances & styles each film showcases. With that said, this film delivers a commendable effort on both fronts; however, I felt this latest feature fell slightly short in terms of the overall implementation of the storyline.

The majority of the previous DC universe animated original features showcased critically acclaimed storylines from the diverse & rich milestones of the DC universe; however, this latest feature went with a much more recently storyline circa 2011 in the same manner of the previous DC universe animated original series feature JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE FLASHPOINT PARADOX. While the last film was a great film that hit all the usual balances the majority of the DC universe animated features are known for, this latest effort while commendable felt more like a “B+” offering compared to a the usual “A-“, “A”, & “A+” offering as most of the previous releases. I felt that due to the caliber of the voice acting in comparison using favorites/mainstays from previous efforts.

For those of you who enjoyed previous features, you will not be disappointed, but I suspect some may begin to feel that the series is starting to show signs of aging and possible stagnation in terms of storylines, but I hope Warner Bros. Animation will continue to pursue more features in the future based on successful sales of the feature when released.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't read comics anymore, but I do read synopses of major story lines. After reading this one, I was scratching my head thinking, "duh."

I own all of the DC animated offerings, so I'll probably get this one too, but Warner Bros. and the studio didn't have much to work with this time out.

And, no Kevin Conroy as Batman/Bruce Wayne either...

I might pass after all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.