One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen 1/6th Scale Action Figure
I am Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen. The First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khalisee of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.
Continuing their hit line of Game of Thrones collectibles, Threezero have announced the release of this incredible 1/6th Scale Daenerys Targaryen Action Figure. Standing 10.2" (26cm) tall, this highly articulated figure features an authentic likeness of actress Emilia Clarke in her career defining role, complete with platinum blonde rooted hair. With soft PVC dermis in the arms and torso, screen accurate costuming and accessories, and an accompanying resin Drogon figure, this is the ultimate Daenerys collectible that is sure demand a place in your collection.
The Daenerys Targaryen 1/6th Scale Action Figure features:

• 10.2 inches (~26cm) tall articulated figure featuring tailored clothing with fine detailed textures;
  • Platinum blonde, rooted fabric hair implantation;
  • Soft PVC dermis on the arms and torso;
  • Cloak;
  • Tunic;
  • Pants;
  • Vest;
  • Neckwear;
  • Kraznys' Whip;
  • Extremely detailed resin Drogon figure (L 9cm, W 18cm) X 3
  • Exchangeable hands:
  • 1 pair relaxed;
  • 1 pair fists;
  • 1 pair for gripping.

The box is not big, as compared to a standard harddisk. Therefore do not expect any base. This is the Deluxe version, so comes with 3 dragons instead of one. Only 2 of them got stands.

A menu was included for instructions to wearing the vest and the cloak.
Also instructions for the dragons stands.

As you can see, these are all items that comes with this figure. Do note that there is no stand for the main figure, not even a standard support stand. There is no hole at the bottom of the feet. Despite of that, I do not find any problem making her stand. For other poses, you may need to find other stand to support it.

OK, here comes the figure. The figure has the main clothes already on. I tried to remove it, but i couldn't! Maybe i didn't try hard enough, but it seems like it is totally sewn, so that it could not be removed. There was no zipper or buttons or velcro tape. The pants could be removed thou. So are the boots. The dress is quite well crafted, as you can see, there is layered design on the shoulder area of the dress. I believed, the dress could be taken out by seperating the upper torso from the breast area. Yes the main torso of the figure is made up to 2 parts. I did not try it on this newly acquired figure, so i couldn't say for sure.

The head is well-sculpted. the hair is whitish blonde. Her skin tone is not dark, but not too pale. This would match the show, where throughout time, the character would gain a deeper skin tone, being exposed to the desert sun most of the time.

What i really like are her arms. There is no visible joints on her elbow, but do be informed that this is NOT Phicen. Her knees are jointed, but it doesn't really matter, as she is covered by long pants.

If you must know, the breast is medium sized, can be squash, but don't expect it to have the feel of those of Phicens. If you remove the pants, the butts would not be a sight to behold, as it is where the legs connected, with visible gaps.

Agility of the arms and legs are quite standard. Don't expect to be able to lift her hands too high. I had trouble positioning her legs too, if i wanted to cross her legs in a sitting position.

There are 3 pairs of hands. All left hands come with a ring put on, which could not be taken off.

There is a wrist guard and a neck ring.

From the back, we can see the design of the clothes. Her braided hair is quite curly and wavy, very nice looking.

This is with the vest on.

I must mentioned that this figure is abit short, in comparison to the standard figure. As you can see, I compare this with a Phicen. Less the high heels, the GOT figure is still at least a head shorter. So very well matches the actress' portrayed height.

This picture is taken with a stone base, not included or associated with this figure whatsoever. All three dragons (still babies, i believed) have different poses, very well sculpted.

The cloak is pretty simple to put on. As for the Kraznys' Whip, I am not sure if i position her grip properly, but product pictures also suggested this. Again, the Throne is not included with this figure.

I do not suggest removing the clothes. If you want to bash the dress onto a standard 12inch body, bear in mind this dress is tailored for a shorter figure. 2ndly, as i mentioned, the dress could only be taken out by seperating the body. Hence this will not work on bodies such as PHICEN.

·
1:6 Miniature Craftsman
682 Posts
The head sculpt looks good to me as well. If the dress can't be removed then that would severely limit the ability to use this figure for kit bashing.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hmmm, what is closer to the Original? The real figure or the promo pictures...

daenerys-targaryen-1280.jpg

I think, that the promo pictures are definitely closer. Shi... . I placed a preorder...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Here is another video in better quality (headsculpt from 4:40 on):
Therezero權力é�Šæˆ²Game of Thrones é¾�å�Ž 丹妮莉絲.å�¦æ.¼åˆ©å®‰ (Daenerys Targaryen) 官網é™�定版é-‹ç®± - YouTube
In this last video the sculpt looks better. Question is, if it is so out of box or if it had been modified... ?

And in this video the sculpt looks horrible... what the heck is real... ?
ThreeZero 1:6 Scale EXCLUSIVE DAENERYS TARGARYEN Figure - YouTube

And in all variations the eyes are staring...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
545 Posts
Okay that gives hope. The guy, who made the good quality video, answered the question: "Did you modify the head sculpt in any way or is that the company's final product?" with: "final product."

·
Registered
716 Posts
Thanks for the review and excellent photos.
It is good to see how everything is packaged.
It's nice to hear civil comments. Unlike another forum, that are filled with haters with nothing constructive to say.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Thanks for the review and excellent photos.
It is good to see how everything is packaged.
It's nice to hear civil comments. Unlike another forum, that are filled with haters with nothing constructive to say.
Civility is always good, I agree. But in defence of "haters with nothing constructive to say," what can anyone say here that's going to be constructive? The Promo Sculpt was very very good. That's constructive, I suppose. The end product is something very different. I haven't read that other forum, but I wouldn't deny disappointed people their right to vent (especially if they have more of an emotional investment in Daenerys than I do). They're not being unreasonable in some never-satisfied-with-anything abstract way -- they're asking, where did my Promo Sculpt go? They saw pictures to indicate they had Hot Toys Plus Daenerys coming in the mail, and they got Barbie Daenerys. No constructive spin available IMHO.

I agree the review itself was good and useful but the sculpt drop-off is inevitably the "elephant in the room."

·
My heater's broke...
1,147 Posts
It looks like her 70s stunt double.

3Z was strating to do well- a few solid releases. But this is def a step back. Especially since ppl were psyched seeing the proto sculpt. To me this looks like a different actress all together.

I fear for my Fox Mulder PO.

·
My heater's broke...
1,147 Posts
(just to keep the party going...)

Theyve lost the trust of their customers. Whos going to PO from them now? This really feels like a bait and switch.

But this is a great opportunity for a bootleg head maker to make some cash. At this point it looks like this effort would be pretty easy to beat.

·
1:6 Miniature Craftsman
682 Posts
You can't demand cheaper figures and then complain about the quality. The reduction in head sculpt accuracy is an inevitable result of mass production and the shortcuts required to keep the price down. The head sculpt looks fine to me considering the final price of the figure. There is an excellent head sculpt of Daenerys already available for people who are prepared to pay what this kind of quality really costs to make.

(Sculpt4eveR) 1/6 white dress daenerys targaryen khaleesi mother of dragons

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Cheap and awful likeness
Need this look and outfit:
View attachment 383311
Complaining about a poor sculpt compared to a reference pic of the actor, is common enough. The tragic part here is that we can frame the same complaint in comparison to something that ThreeZero actually made themselves (that's the hard part) but then failed to deliver at production level.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
You can't complain about the price and then demand a top quality head sculpt.
It's not as much of a price issue since ThreeZero obviously did pay a sculptor enough to give them a really good sculpt, one that's even better than the ones you show. They had that one, in hand, then something happened.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts