One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
L.A. Cal-Tek has just brought US fans a really impressive 1/6 Scale figure by DiD 3R - WW2 Imperial Japanese Army - Nakamura Ryuichi.

While there are plenty of US and German WW2 figures out there, it's harder to find a good Japanese soldier. And, while other companies have made WW2 Japanese officers, DiD 3R really impresses with this regular Imperial Japanese Army infantryman...

The packaging delivers an eye-catching first look at this basic grunt while keeping up with the high-quality design -- a tri-fold box with the figure and accessories protected by form-fitting plastic keeps the figure and accessories minty mint and ready to display in pristine condition once opened.

The figure's headsculpt features an impressive likeness and has a gorgeous paint application which gives it a very realistic look (above).

Likewise, the uniform and accessories impress and feature a variety of detail seen on so few figures priced this reasonably. These features include...

a real metal helmet with cloth cover.

real working pockets and ammo pouches on belt...

boots with real working laces

a real metal bayonet

a collapsible wood/metal shovel/entrenching tool...

a wood/metal rifle with working bolt action

A detailed backpack which holds the real metal canteen, e-tool, mess tin, bayonet sheath, and more...

The figure's poseability likewise allows it to move well, making for a very nice display.

If you're looking for a solid WW2 Japanese infantryman with a beautifully sculpted and painted head sculpt, amazingly detailed - and functional! - uniform and spectacular accessories with an impressive amount of authenticity, look no further than DiD 3R's WW2 Imperial Japanese Army - Nakamura Ryuichi figure.

Be sure to check out more than 85 photos of this impressive figure in the photo gallery HERE and for more information on this figure and the Imperial Japanese Army, click HERE.

·
The Tash
2,177 Posts
Great review, a must have figure for me

I must ask, is that the standard DID body ? Or did they bother to make him shorter ?

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
We can understand your feelings Shi.
The HS is nice though, for DiD...er 3R... what do the R's stand for? Anyone? Bueller?

·
What should I bash today?
4,267 Posts
Aluffarb, you're absolutely right on your points, but you have to know that after WWII the German government publically denounced, apologized and paid compensations to Holocaust survivors, while after the war the Japanese government publically covered-up, refuse to admit any atrocities were commited and even announced that it was the Japanese who were victims of war and not the aggressor.
Hmmm... JAM is right, that is the sticking point... But I never mix 1/6 with politics, and I believe that's a wise decision to keep the hobby 'fun'...

The disclaimer was good enough for me, but the guys over at BBICN are really up in arms over the box packaging showing the Japanese war flag... but I have to acknowledge this is a very well-made product, which is a fitting tribute to the Japanese infantryman, IMHO one of the best fighting soldiers of WWII. If my genre was WWII in the Pacific, this will definitely be in my collection...

Meantime I'm waiting for the loose Arisaka rifle for my Chinese communist soldier bash, how ironic! :lol

·
What should I bash today?
4,267 Posts
JapanArmyman:
Yes, I will not to buy.
Please tell me, now which product isn't take the historical personage as a main source?
Where are you from?To this phase of histories understood how many have?
算了吧,兄弟。。。 这是个美国论坛,比较国际活。。。在这发牢骚好像不太好吧。。。 :O

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ON MAIN TOPIC: THE ACTION FIGURE.

While I understand there are certain folks who don't like certain folks, as I always say: "don't mix politics with anything. period."

Please leave the politics out - thanks!

Jess

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.