One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Great review, very concise and descriptive. This is probably one of few releases that genuinely peaked my interest and almost cracked open my wallet. Will probably have to hunt one down in the future when I'm back on my feet.

Huh, didn't know the 165 included worldwide shipping. Don't really pay attention to POs even though everything is a PO nowadays.
That's "kind of" a good deal in today's crazy prices (yeah, I'm crazy and everything is expensive but griping about prices isn't going to change anything :p).

This sounds and looks like a solid release well worth it and I look forward to more of Devil Toys work.

I agree about the clothing, the disconnect to its clean/goofy orange staining stands out against the beautifully painted and weathered robot parts but I can forgive it as that stuff seems more readily and relatively inexpensive to replace than the mech bits.

I totally agree about the leg gaiters, I wish the shins and feet were more in-line with the arms, robotic in some way. Instead, the leg gaiters seem to distract from his silhouette since they don't actually compress.
Minor gripe and it only stems because I'm wowed by their awesome work.
Been making something of my own for awhile and I've only recently realized it was inspired by them and not the various Duster132 or Elysium concepts which are probably inspiration in someway. Circular and whatnot :p

Also killer that they added the extra head for early PO customers. I saw it awhile back but thought it was a separate figure. Pretty cool of them as you said, and sure to draw a loyal fanbase--along with all the qualities you mentioned.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Awesome review, so glad I PO it! Now I just miss the Shipping email - and after that, I want to leave this one MISB for a lot, I have six custom projects in the pipeline, so...

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
passed because of the arms. just looks too skinny for me, otherwise a nice looking figure. I hope in the future they "beef" up the arms. I know he is a cyborg but still looks weird with the skinny arms.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I love the skinny arms, I wish he had skinny robo shins too! :p

But I know what you mean, I think... Luka? posted pictures somewhere with a Steve Rogers HS in place of the robo head and it ruined it for me!!!
It (the skinny and possibly short arms) made the entire body and especially those skinny robo arms seem so small and fragile.
As a stock figure I like that the skinny reinforced looking parts belie the potential true strength. Sort of like Chappie, (I've only just recently watched it so it's fresh in my mind) it's pretty much a skinny framed robot but in the raid scene those things are friggin' killers. (Spoiler hidden)

I would probably be on board with beefed up arms though, particularly if they decide to go more humanoid-robo-demon with their next release which looks cool from the teaser.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Thank you for the review! He looks amazing and I can't wait for mine to get here!

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
after seeing the review I am less impressed. but as it goes diffrent strokes...you know the rest. I do like the one with the devil face.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
What a damn nice looking figure. Very fine review, too. Thank you.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Excellent review :hifive

YES, mine is arrived today, after pass an order with 7toys7. :bravo

Very well packaged and no customs taxes. :tongue

Happy I'm. :clap

·
Registered
771 Posts
I absolutely love mine! I cannot complain about anything. Great figure.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts