One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Cave Fumo!
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone.

DAM Toys recently released the new action body with seamless arms (included with their new SDU box set). Even though a couple of members mentioned the new body here and there, I noticed that there were no in-hand pictures and reviews yet. So I decided to take a few pictures and share opinion regarding new body!

Mr. Huge Jackedman graciously volunteered for this review.

The body itself looks exactly like DAM 2.0 muscle body. Of course, the most obvious difference is the seamless arms. It features rubberized upper torso.

Height

I've used two other bodies for comparison. Compared to DiD body or DAM's narrow shoulder bodies, 3.0 muscle body may seem shorter than the others. In my opinion, however, it really depends on what kind of head sculpt you decide to use.

Neck peg and compatibility.

Neck peg. Standard Hot Toys head or DAM Toys would fit. However, if you plan on using Hot Toys head with this body, you might have to slightly pull the head up. I'm sure you don't have to do this with DAM's neckless head sculpts.

Side view.

Seamless arm sleeves!

They are really nicely sculpted sleeves. They are also made out of really soft and bedy material. The sleeves slide right off from the arms as well.

Arms without sleeves.

The elbow joints are made out of metal. They are definitely tighter and harder to bend than the regular plastic elbow joints. However, with the seamless arm sleeves, I think metal elbow joints are the perfect choice.

Here's why.

(left: DAM's new muscle body without sleeves. Right: DiD's body without seamless arm sleeves).

DiD included a body with seamless arms with their LAPD SWAT box set. Even though they are pretty nice to look at, the elbow joints and general construction of the arms underneath the seamless arm sleeves are made out of plastic. With the resistance that the sleeves that give when you try to bend the arms, plastic joints just don't cut it.

As I mentioned above, you can see that the range of motion is very limited with the plastic joints.

Arm's range of motion and bend test.

Now, I personally think that DAM Toys did an awesome job with the
The material does not really bunch up around the elbow. Overall, the "bend" looks natural to me. The metal elbow joints definitely provide a good range of motion even with the seamless arm sleeves over it.

Action shots!

Yay, my favorite part of the review! I've also included a comparison shot between DiD's take on seamless arms and DAM 3.0 body.

Obligatory Wolverine shot!

To conclude...

Just like everything in the world, DAM Toys Action Body 3.0 (with seamless arms) is not perfect. And definitely, it's not a Phicen body. However, if you are on a budget (like me) and need a body with seamless arms, I would definitely recommend purchasing the 3.0 body.

I've purchased the body when it was first parted out on Monkey Depot. Initially, it was somewhere between $17.99. Monkey Depot now has it listed at $21.99 Of course, you can shop around and hunt for good deals here and there.

As always, thank you for checking out my review. If you have any questions or need additional pictures, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks, guys!

EDIT:

If the pictures are too small, you can check out the original pictures by right clicking the picture and open them on the new tab.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sooooooo...........you'ree the guy that keeps beating me to these at Monkey Depot !!!!:grrr :lol Thanks for the EXCELLENT review and top notch photos!!!! The comparison shots with the DID are great too. ( I have a few of those for a PMC team ) Are the elbow joints ratchetting style? Great that it bends better than 90, and holds solid and they are sculpted great. Do you think it is possible to switch these arms over to the Dam body with the other style neck? ( unscrewing that shoulder joint? ) I hope these become more available, on a card or another figure. Seems like the SDU guys parts are flying off the shelves particularily the jeans and this body, I've been shut out so far!!! Again thanks for the review, and for letting me know the price too as I have yet to see these even listed. The colouring of the arms also looks good :bravo

·
Cave Fumo!
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:thanks

Wow, way to go, DAMToy! What a bady!

Seriously, it has both the best sculpting and best articulation I've seen in any seamless muscle arm. I guess we really can have the best of both worlds!

Thanks for the review!
Not a problem! And I concur about the best sculpting and best articulation. We..Finally have the technology! Dun dun dun.

Sooooooo...........you'ree the guy that keeps beating me to these at Monkey Depot !!!!:grrr :lol Thanks for the EXCELLENT review and top notch photos!!!! The comparison shots with the DID are great too. ( I have a few of those for a PMC team ) Are the elbow joints ratchetting style? Great that it bends better than 90, and holds solid and they are sculpted great. Do you think it is possible to switch these arms over to the Dam body with the other style neck? ( unscrewing that shoulder joint? ) I hope these become more available, on a card or another figure. Seems like the SDU guys parts are flying off the shelves particularily the jeans and this body, I've been shut out so far!!! Again thanks for the review, and for letting me know the price too as I have yet to see these even listed. The colouring of the arms also looks good :bravo
I swear, I only took one body and one pair of jeans!

Thanks for the kind words. I think switching out the arms might work. It's going to be a fairly big surgery though. If you ever get to perform that surgery, let me know!

And I agree. All the parts fly off the shelves! I was trying to get another body not too long ago. I was literally 5 seconds late from pressing the checkout button.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Do you think it is possible to switch these arms over to the Dam body with the other style neck? ( unscrewing that shoulder joint? ) I
Looking at the shoulder area, the setup appears the same as the other muscle body. Piece of cake to take apart, which you may end up needing to do as the design is prone to droopy arms.

·
Cave Fumo!
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the review ! i wouldnt call it a 3.0 body tho. its just the 2.0 with seamless arms
I wholeheartedly agree with you, Sam. It looks just like 2.0 with the exception of the seamless arms. I had to go with "3.0" label since DAM's product description lists this body as 3.0 action "bady."

It would've been nice if the 2.0 Daryl head was made "neckless" and offered with this 3.0 muscle body...
Thanks for the review!
You are welcome! And it would've been awesome if the Daryl sculpt was neckless.

You might also want to be careful...reports from fellow collector's in China via bbicn have shown that the seamless arms are prone to cracking.
Oh man. I gotta be careful with it then! I had Hot Toys DEVGRU 2.0 body for at least 10 years. The body did not crack though. Maybe I will get lucky this time haha.

There is a 2.0 narrow shoulder and a 2.0 action "bady". Totally not confusing :)
Yep! There is a difference between 2.0 narrow shoulder and 2.0 "bady" torso. I just found your turorial on how to tune up/repair the DAM 2.0 body. I might have to try if I can swap out the arms.

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Nice review Eric :thumb

Managed to get one of these bodies and I also think it looks pretty good and has great articulation. I believe collectors have to be careful with seamless arms (because of these damned cracks)and by this I mean that you pose them when you feel like it , but you display them with the arms in a relaxed position that does not strain the rubber.

·
Cave Fumo!
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cracking is Bad... sure... but the Anatomie of the Arms looks very Nice and the movement is Great ! Thanks for Showing !
Not a problem! Thanks for the kind words.

Excellent review and valid observations CBRN..!
I recently upgraded my Seal operator with a 3.0 and really happy with how it's looking right now
Thank you! Oh man, I love the pose and the body upgrade does improve the overall look. It's like the rug that ties the room together!

Nice review Eric :thumb

Managed to get one of these bodies and I also think it looks pretty good and has great articulation. I believe collectors have to be careful with seamless arms (because of these damned cracks)and by this I mean that you pose them when you feel like it , but you display them with the arms in a relaxed position that does not strain the rubber.
Thanks, George!

It's an excellent idea. I should probably to that from now on.

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Got to add that I really like the set up you made for the E&S URX4 AR-15 man. And the figure holding it :wink. Niiice (well except the Wolverine part :lol )

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
The abdomen looks a little squat to me and the giant head really throws off the proportions. The durability of the rubber would be a make or break thing for me. I'm waiting for someone to review the Worldbox narrow body now it's out.

CHEERS!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts