One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Havok
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost, props to Alexei for another late night pick up.
I picked up the ACE navy special warfare machine gunner with little intent
on being over joyed with it. I wasn't surprised. It was at most, an okay
figure to have. Comes with a lot of extra stuff that made up for its lack of
appeal. And now the pictures will do the rest of the review.
Hopes this helps anyone.
Eijji

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Not a bad looking figure,not my bag as I bough the TS set already,but still nice.

·
Havok
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should be getting mine pretty soon. At least I can look here and know what I am going to have to tinker with. I gotta say that I like him, but looks like some work will be needed. Thanks.
It only looks like some work, but its not much.
all in all, its not a bad figure, i really like the head sculpt.

Eijji

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Hey Eric,

Stop giving ACE a bad name:) I actually like set a lot, so I would add my comments here.

Besides helmet, set also has boonie hat and black baseball cap (haven't seen these in black in a while, nice addition).

Glasses - I agree, last couple of release ACE made them real tight and you need to be careful putting them on figures.

MG - beats Barrack Sergeant offerings. All movable parts are tight (such as fixed folding sight). Barrel fit snugly as well. As for the tray mounts - just wrap a bit of scotch around the pin that goes inside the S shaped piece and you won't need to glue anything.

MCLS H-Harness comes with floatation inserts (there are there on a flap, under the radio plastic card - gray rectangular shaped scraps, there are 5 of them if I remember correctly). Pouches are nicely done, especially the buttpack.

You also forgot to mention that set comes with 2 TAG chest rigs. One is similar to what Barrack Sergeant PMC chest rig - though that one was rather strange and I couldn't find a correct 1/1 rig. ACE rig is spot on though with that TAG offers - 2 side SAW compartments with a Sabre radio pouch and 4x AK/M16 ammo pouches. The other chest rig is similar to the one from HT NSW figure - it's probably the favorite rig in the set.

Boots - usual ACE quality, the best on market IMO.

Nude - I like it. Headsculpt is nicely done with good facial expressions and nude itself is great.

So to round this up. Your pictures really show only part of the stuff figure comes with. Does it worth $100 - IMO yes. At least when breaking them loose, I did not have a dillemma of how to break up the price betweem pieces; there is plenty of stuff in the set.

Alexei

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
I had the TS NSW and i m happy with it..

But still, thanks for the picts.. Anybody saw the one by PlayHouse?
I have them. They look nice in a box lol. It's a different shade of tan from what ACE offers if I remember correctly. I think it's Coyote Tan or something (ACE is what? Coyote Brown? I'm all confused with these wild dogs:rolleyes)
It looks very solid, on par or maybe even better then ACE. And set comes with enough stuff to pretty much equip the figure - I think you would only need to add nude, BDUs, boots, soft body armor and MG; the rest is included in the Playhouse set (cap, radio, MLCS). Also, Playhouse set has a lot more pouches - ACE has only 2 100rd SAW pouches, 1 buttpack and 1 radio pouch. Playhouse has 4x 100rd pouches, 2 200rd pouches, 1 buttpack, 1 radio plus 1 flare pouch...

Alexei

·
Havok
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Alexei, i'm not giving ACE a bad name.
I'm just saying That theres a QC issue with "this" figure.
I love ACE stuff. Yeah while uploading my pic's, some of the
Pictures got deleted, and it happen to just be the pictures
showing all the stuff it came with. I didnt feel like taking it again.
Oh and by the way Alexei, i cancled my Sideshow order, so put me up
on the list if you havent already.

Eijji

·
Registered
313 Posts
Its loose inside of the box. Does it really matter though?:)

Alexei
Hi alex, totally confused here... You meant 2 chest rigs and so is it one that is desert tan ( similar to HT NSW ) and the other one is OD ( Rifleman chest rig ), which was announced as a pre-order or dealer special, is it?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have them. They look nice in a box lol. It's a different shade of tan from what ACE offers if I remember correctly. I think it's Coyote Tan or something (ACE is what? Coyote Brown? I'm all confused with these wild dogs:rolleyes)
It looks very solid, on par or maybe even better then ACE. And set comes with enough stuff to pretty much equip the figure - I think you would only need to add nude, BDUs, boots, soft body armor and MG; the rest is included in the Playhouse set (cap, radio, MLCS). Also, Playhouse set has a lot more pouches - ACE has only 2 100rd SAW pouches, 1 buttpack and 1 radio pouch. Playhouse has 4x 100rd pouches, 2 200rd pouches, 1 buttpack, 1 radio plus 1 flare pouch...

Alexei
Great, it seemed the PH offering is full of ammo pouches but i thought the ACE MLCS also got 4 saw pouches ? Thanks for the heads up though :)

With so many NSW offering, i guess i will have to give up the PH since i already got the HT NSW gunner, the TS nsw set and if i can afford another 1, it will be the ACE set..

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I thought the ACE set has 4 100 rd pouches too.And as far as QC issues...all 1/6 gear sets have QC issues.I haven't bought one yet that didn't have some sort of problem.

I don't have an ACE one,but have seen it.The think I like about it is,that it seems a bit sturdier than the TS version.

And this set also is able to sustian the 100 price range.More than the previous ACE full body/gear sets.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.