One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
neurotic neurone
16,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hiya gang!! It has been a while. Have been completely drowned out by work junk and other priorities, but finally I can put a closure for now on this little bash that started piecing together months ago. Consider this my first little endeavor of 08.

Original bash idea went way back some time in 97 when 21C released their SWAT boxsets in urban and black BDU. The urban outfit was a perfect base for Half-Life OpFor. For some reason it was put on the backbench and basically forgotten since. Fast forward back to present, I excavated the old HL game disc a while ago then realized that there was a lost bash on the to-do list that needed to be completed. So instead of just doing the marine, I twisted around the idea to have a team of ex-SF and intel instructors who trained them, and pushed the timeline forward to 2010.

Original canon plot's ending was to have the facility nuked by the shadowy G-Man after military withdrew their clean-up ops sometime in 200X. Freeman was offered a way out by G-Man: Either worked for him or faced wave after wave of aliens.

The ever shadowy G-Man

Now my little elaboration, assuming the incident happened around 2000
Year in the current timeline is 2010. The infamous Black Mesa incident a decade ago seems like distant memory. Before G-man nuked the facility, he had all vital research material and personnel teleported to key facilities all over continent America. Most of them went to Dugway Proving Ground in Utah, other headed for smaller facilities elsewhere; Mount Weather, Vandenberg, Alaska sites to name a few. One of the key teleportation researches was transferred to Los Plenas complex built deep inside the remote mountain ranges of South Western Colorado Rockies. Teleportation research continues relatively uneventful until one morning the same resonance cascade that ripped apart Black Mesa complex years earlier reoccurred once again in the complex central lab, causing dimensional rips all over affected areas. Unknown life forms entering the facility through the rips; duty staff barely had chance to send out rescue signal to Dugway headquarters. Almost immediately military command mobilized their retooled Hazardous Environment Combat Unit (HECU) to quell the incursion. The real question is whether HECU has learned from Black Mesa, and not to make the same mistake again.

Original plan was to have two more instructors: one commo & one medical; plus a companion mini photo story. My hunch however ,told me it's time to move on to next project. So there ya go, less 2 guys and a story.

Obviously there have more rooms for improvement, but I'll indulge you bros with what have been done so far. Enjoy!! :thumb

HOUND DAWGS instructors & op center chief

HECU Marine Corps Special Forces Division (Official game designation)
1st Lt..Pedro Casañas

Bryce Pomeroy, squadron command officer
[

Lukasz Waselewicz; Senior instructor, squadron XO

Deo Letoa, Demo instructor

Jared Moran, CQB/weapons instructor

Karin Mirabelli, SIGINT instructor

Thanks Mike!! Work of art sir. :thumb

1st Lt..Pedro Casañas, HECU
A minor update from the original polygon soldiers with newer gears.

Full credit goes to Pete (Anti-personnel), hope you won't mind me borrowing the idea of the shot bro. :p

And now some meager attempts on weapon mods....

The team checking out their toys......

·
Action Fuger!
3,186 Posts
Those are really cool, Leo. Great work. I love the Half-Life series. Kinda surprised more people haven't created figures from this. Anyway, great job on the "reinventing." :thumb

·
Registered
982 Posts
As always, fantastic work! Your stuff is such a huge inspiration to me. Even when using familiar parts, your end results are always so original and exciting. And your posing and photos are so sweet! Simply awesome!

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Leo!!! You SUCK!!!!!

Awesome bashes brotha!!! You always blow my mind with your photoshoots and back stories. You are one of the many masters of 1/6th on this board.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
You know Leo, I don't care how many times I see one of your new bashes and I think to myself there's no way you can outdo yourself...you come up with the next one. With all due respect to everybody on this forum there are no customizations that I look forward to more than yours. Absolutely outstanding buddy!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I 2nd the "You Suck " feeling ... ha , ha :rolling . Outstanding work as always Leo . My eyes are hurting from all the details in this one .... all the gear ,to the weapons mods & the superb paint-work . Love the HS on Karin where is it from . Also great job on the story . :thumb

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
An absolutely outstanding team Leo, your brilliance has never been greater. I absolutely love your work, but this team just inspires new levels. Like dura said, you've totally outdone yourself again.
Each character has such style and attitude to them, as if anything could be meager here. ;)

Looks like a killer start to 2008. I hope you get time to relax and sneak in a few minutes to bash up some more sweet stuff this year, I rather miss seeing your new works every so often on the board.
Also I assume Mike is SEF, if so, killer work on that custom knife. The handle looks sick. :thumb Take care and don't work too hard~ :)

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Wow Leo talk about total eye candy! This is awesome work man!! You always make such cool bashes man i can sit here and drool over this all day long lol! Awesome work and presentation as always, and i always look forward to your bashes :thumb
Killer work Leo!!!
-mike-

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Simply awesome work, the detail is amazing and those weapon mods are sweet.

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
OMG!!! simply awesome Leo!!! Those kitbashes are great from the repainted HS to the gear and custom weapons:clap

didn't know PCU and BBi FSBE set looked so good together:thumb

btw, YOU SUCK!!!:p

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
damn! this is more like a fine art gallery opening than a post! when you come back, you come back strong! an absolute treat! the posturing is incredible! you have this way of intertwining subtleties with bombastic flavors that never fails to raise the bar!

1 - 20 of 112 Posts