One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day Lads.

I'm looking for one of the cheaper line of Elite Force modern British figures (clear plastic fronted packaging), which came in a desert DPM uniform.
I've tried ebay, where they used to be available to no end.
Are they still available in shops or online in the UK? Could someone please pick one up for me, or at the very least, do any members here have photos of the uniform?

I've attached a photo of another of these UK releases (with L85 and DPM uniform), for the sakes of illustrative purposes.

Cheers,
James

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
if you don't mind waiting months I could pick one up for you and bring it across when I emigrate :b

In truth though they are terrible - virtually nothing salvageable. My (then) 11 year-old looked upon his with disgust.

I have to admit to 'acquiring' the Browning pistol from the figure though.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Is there a particular reason you want bbi Desert DPM James? There is plenty of other Desert DPM Avail from Armoury, 21C, Custom Craft and DML. What exactly are you after, I may be able to help?
Spanner

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help, all. I particularly like BBI's take on desert DPM as to my eye it's the most realistic, most vivid in colour and the best fit on BBI G3 bodies.
I guess I'm spoilt in that I've got several of BBI's Custom Craft Royal Marine uniform sets, which is the benchmark to which I compare all others.
I can buy the same BBI desert DPM trousers alone for $10USD from HK on ebay, but that doesn't include postage and is frankly overpriced. I bought a pair cheaper in a 1/6 hobby store locally last year, and have regretted not buying the others they had since. (I'm uncertain as to why they only sell the trousers loose).

I was hoping the cheap Elite Force fig might have a halfway decent uniform, so long as it's just as well printed as the regular release. If anyone has a photo of the cheap Elite Force desert DPM uniform, I'd be most appreciative.

Otherwise, I'm pretty familiar with all the available brands. I've had tonnes of the Armoury stuff before, which I traded off or sold as I was unhappy with its fit and finish. I'm more or less in the same mind about DML's uniforms, they're small, toyish and the colour looks washed out. That said, DML's L7 and their later cloth magazine pouches are superb.

Cheers,
James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts