One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am gradually building up a collection of Dragon 1/6th Pilot figures. My only real option to expand my collection is via Ebay and so far things have gone fairly well. The problem I have is that all of the Pilots I have bought so far are not in boxes and some are. I have "Rick" the Blue Angel MIB and also "Ben" but Gil Ayers the F-18 Pilot and "Wolfman" the the F-15E pilot came loose(as did one I haven't positively identified yet).

I am building up a display shelf in my study but it looks a bit odd so I would like to put pictures of the box fronts of the loose figures as backgrounds behind the loose figures so they blend in better with the boxed figures. Could anyone help by taking a good hi-res picture or scan of the box fronts of Gil and Night Strike Wolfman for me please. I'm not asking for the boxes but just good pictures of the fronts that I can print off. I'm hoping someone can help. The other issue I have is display stands as the figures keep falling over! Did Dragon sell display stands seperately or does anyone have any spares they wouldn't mind selling to a fellow collector.

One of the forum members posted a greeting to me a few weeks ago saying leave now and don't buy any more figures and save your marriage and your santity! Boy was he right, but I'm well and truly bitten by the bug of collecting these 1/6th Pilot figures they look so cool.
:help
Help

Ian

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Here you go! Dragon 1/6th figure stands are rudimentary like this:

You should invest a little money on this type of stand instead:

I highly recommend the figure stand above. You can buy them on eBay. :thumb

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AV8TORJoe,

Thanks very much for the box pictures they are brilliant and for the stands advice.

I attended the biggest Toy Fair (Swapmeet)in the UK yesterday at Castle Donnington and there was a few people there selling 1/6th figures and accessories.

I managed to get a really good deal, firsly 3 stands for £2 each see below:

I also as part of the deal got an unboxed Dragon Korean War MiG Pilot:

You wouldn't have a photograh of the MiG Pilot box by any chance (sorry for being cheeky) would you.

The best bit though was as part of the deal I got a MIB Kings Toy RAF Pilot:

I paid £130 pounds for the whole lot, which cleaned me out but I am so pleased that I managed to get the RAF Pilot as if I can find a pair of Action Man RAF Trousers I can creat a complete new figure out of the flying gear in the box and leave the Kings Toys figure in his dress uniform. Not exactly Black Friday type deal but not bad.

Cheers

Ian

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
AV8TORJoe,

Thanks very much for the box pictures they are brilliant and for the stands advice.

I also as part of the deal got an unboxed Dragon Korean War MiG Pilot:

You wouldn't have a photograh of the MiG Pilot box by any chance (sorry for being cheeky) would you.

Cheers

Ian
You're welcome. Btw, nice posing for that MiG pilot, Ian! Here's the box for it. :thumb

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts