One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Nothing new, I just want to post and contribute something, too busy nowadays:wink

Just a repost of an old thread from 5 years ago. I did not renew my Photobucket account, so all my thread photos are now gone.
I found these 2 pics on my old i-Phone.

This tank officer is a Major, as shown by his rank patch. He would normally be in command of a medium tank such as the Type-97 Chi-Ha.

Japanese army tank crews wear one-piece work coveralls, while tank commanders, many of whom are former cavalry officers chose to wear battle dress uniforms.
The sword was also retained by officers and senior NCOs despite the confined spaces of a tank. The sword served not only as a status symbol of authority, but also as last-ditch weapon in case the crew had to abandon their tank and fight on foot- perhaps for a final Banzai charge.

The leather leggings and summer variant padded canvas helmet w/ adjustable laces (functional) are scratch-built.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Lovely work, this would be a great boxed figure, but it is all yours.

·
Registered
539 Posts
This is an excellent and unusual figure, also given the pitiful and sparse use of the armored forces by the Japanese hence their rarity.

Lately I only use Imgur to upload my images to the web, it is free and quite efficient: hopefully it will remain as it is for a long time. BTW even if you upload your images, always keep the 'originals' in your own archive!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate all the comments lads!

I'd love to see more and bigger photos - it looks like a magnificent piece.
Thanks! Unfortunately these two pics are all I got left, I didn't renew my Photobucket.

Lovely work, this would be a great boxed figure, but it is all yours.
Thanks! Sadly this subject still hasn't been released in 1:6. Perhaps they can make one of those twin packs with a U.S. Tanker. I'd love to see one with a Type 97 Tank Machine gun:gimme

Very cool and very well done!

Would love to see more photos if you have them, SPEARHEAD!

Fred
Thanks! Photobucket got all my OSW photos... gone forever I'm afraid.:dunno

This is an excellent and unusual figure, also given the pitiful and sparse use of the armored forces by the Japanese hence their rarity.

Lately I only use Imgur to upload my images to the web, it is free and quite efficient: hopefully it will remain as it is for a long time. BTW even if you upload your images, always keep the 'originals' in your own archive!
Thanks! I'll try Imgur- I've heard good things:thumb

Fantastic figure!!
Thanks I appreciate it man:hifive

Wow, I love all the detail you've put into this figure.
Thanks! I'm working on a new version, hopefully I finish it soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts