One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Guy that does stuff.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've seen and read and learned how to replace the knees, elbows and ankles on one of these flimsy fellas, now i'm wondering if anyone has advice for making/finding replacement parts. I recently acquired the Alien Warrior (which i love far more than any other version that Hot Toys has produced), but the person i got it from had lost an entire leg. I've got one leg, but not sure how to try to make a second just for display. Is it something that i should make mold and cast, find a 3D printer for, etc? I have no idea, but i love how he looks, and will otherwise be forced to canibalize the legs of my AVP:R Alien or making tiny 1/6 scale crutches (which might be fun, actually).
Anyways, any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
When you have a larger post count, I'd suggest heading to the Open Market right here and putting up a Want To Buy thread. Somebody may have an HT Alien Warrior that has broken the other leg and you could get it cheap for parts.

You wouldn't have to scratchbuild anything then and might save some money

CHEERS!

G

·
Maybe you could perhaps make your own. I know a guy on another forum who makes skeletons out of wire, or bionicle parts, then covers them with sculpy and makes entire creatures

·
Guy that does stuff.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas. I'll check out the market in case i luck out. In the meantime, the Bionicle idea is great, i'm decent at sculpting so i can get some B joints and build up around it with sculpy. Having one of the legs, it'll make it easier putting in details and figuring out sizes.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Cool, look forward to seeing your new leg DMZ :)

@andy-b- You got a link to these works? I'm interested in seeing!

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
I've seen cool looking biomechanical prosthetics on Predator figures so that could be an option for an Alien Xenomorph too, perhaps he's a pet for a Predator who caught it on the hunt. I guess the wound would have to be cauterised to stop the acid blood from destroying his new biomech leg though! :wink

·
Registered
476 Posts
The problem with finding spares for these guys is that they are SO expensive and people tend to repair them or sell the entire figure . Have you checked out ebay for a cheap vinyl kit ? I reckon it'd be a relatively simple job to pick up a kit and add articulation to the leg(s) from that .

·
Guy that does stuff.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Starkiller-Yeah, i've looked through ebay a bit and havent found anything that'd be the right size for it. The Alien Warrior (missing a leg and with the other leg's knee busted) still cost me a bit.
Shovelchop81-If i cant make an acceptable replacement, i was thinking of swapping the legs off my AVP:R Alien for the Warrior, then either making the the now mostly legless Alien 'battle damaged' or incorporate it into a base or diorama. I really like the idea of going cyborg with him though, thats an avenue i'll keep open.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
Here are some other options you could consider, the Todd MacFarlane 13"+ Aliens for legs, you can sometimes find them cheap or broken on ebay. There's the original Alien or the AVP Grid Alien. I've taken pics from my collection with the HT Warrior Alien but didn't want to move anything and cause an expensive disaster!:lol I fixed my HT Alien Warrior with clothes hanger wire under the rubber if that's any help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts