One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my new (well, actually, near-new) Tomoe (PL2014-75) today and was putting her accessories on. I had to remove the hands to put the arm wraps on; the right hand detached and reattached properly, but I must have pulled a little too hard on the left hand because the ball came off the left forearm post and remained in the hand connector. Fortunately, I was able to push the hand back on and it's staying on if I handle the figure carefully (it's in a grasping pose and I was able to successfully insert a two-handed sword afterward), but I don't think that I can change out the left hand until I get the hand post fixed. How does one go about repairing this boo-boo on Phicen/TBLeague bodies?

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
That is why one should stay away from these old bodies when possible, although yours came as part of a boxed set, so there might have been no way around it. There is a thread on here specifically addressing this, started by edwick. Make sure you check out all of the posts, as there are additional photos and information after the original post.

Dealing with Loose Phicen Wrist Pegs

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm glad to know this is a known issue and I wasn't just being a clumsy oaf (I promise, I was being as careful as I could, the darn peg just popped out!).

I have to say, back in my boyhood in the late 60's and 70's when I was playing with my GI Joes, I certainly didn't have to worry so much about things like this!!! (Of course, if I mess this up, I could always go get a S20A body which should be the correct skin tone...)

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Some of the relatively early steel skeletons had that problem. Both female and occasionally male (M31) bodies. It seems like this problem has been more or less resolved with more recent skeletons, knock on wood (or touch iron if you are Italian). :) Something that helps generally is to heat the hands with a blow dryer before removing (or placing on), which is always a good idea.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some of the relatively early steel skeletons had that problem. Both female and occasionally male (M31) bodies. It seems like this problem has been more or less resolved with more recent skeletons, knock on wood (or touch iron if you are Italian). :) Something that helps generally is to heat the hands with a blow dryer before removing (or placing on), which is always a good idea.
I'll keep that in mind. I already had success with the blow-dryer trick today when I put together my latest kitbash; I had a Scarlett Johansson (short blonde hairdo/Infinity War type) head that I had been having trouble getting onto a S21B body, so I went out, got an inexpensive dryer at Family Dollar, ran it on the neck connector at high for about 10 seconds, and presto! it went onto the neck peg with no further trouble. I will also have to try it with some ZY Toys pumps that I've been having issues getting to stay on figures' hosed/stockinged feet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts