One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well I didn't get a chance to run it outside to work out any bugs, but I did get the driver and copilot finished with articulating heads so I'm jazzed about that!

With both Jeeps finished I can turn my attention back to the scale garage without the nagging pull of these projects.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
:O Wish I were more technically proficient. Love the work you put into building this thing, from the 'simple' gas can holder to building axles and hiding all the wires in the dash.

Forgot how to embed videos but if you remove the quotation marks it'll link the video.

Love it. Choking back a tear looking at 'those two' riding together forever in your jeep. :)
Did you intend for them to look different directions?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sick Works of Art there Bitter
Thanks Grey!

:O Wish I were more technically proficient. Love the work you put into building this thing, from the 'simple' gas can holder to building axles and hiding all the wires in the dash.

Forgot how to embed videos but if you remove the quotation marks it'll link the video.

Love it. Choking back a tear looking at 'those two' riding together forever in your jeep. :)
Did you intend for them to look different directions?
I thought it would be fitting to have them partner up for another ride!

Yes, I intended for the heads to turn a different direction. It was very frustrating as I smoked two micro servo's getting the potentiometer wires switch on Diesel. They started off turning their head the same way but it looked too much like dumb and dumber, or synchronized swimming :lol

My drivers always turn their head with the direction of the turning vehicle, giving the sense that the are paying attention to where they are driving. I have set up two passengers now that turn their head the opposite way; I kind of like it now.

Also fairly new is the passenger in the orange Jeep. My first female addition to the crew sporting a Scarlet Johanson head, with the servo turning the opposite direction from the driver Jason Stathem. I had to get creative with her small frame and mount the servo in the lower torso, the neck area was just too small.

The hyperlink isn't any trouble, I was trying to embed the actual video. This is the only forum that I have ever not been able to make it work. I have seen it done on other threads on this site, I thought maybe there was a secret hand shake I should know :think

Thanks for the kind words saiko.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Epic build as usual BitterEnd!

I must ask about the tow shackles/clevis, fishing pole, winch, and pintle hitch. Where did you get them and what size/spec are they? I've been looking for those items for quite some time, but haven't had much luck, nor do I know which sizes to choose.

By the way, I was going to leave my Joe Jeep in OEM form..... Until I stumbled upon these builds. I'll have to bookmark this thread for when I wrap up current projects and get to my Jeep.

MC

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Epic build as usual BitterEnd!

I must ask about the tow shackles/clevis, fishing pole, winch, and pintle hitch. Where did you get them and what size/spec are they? I've been looking for those items for quite some time, but haven't had much luck, nor do I know which sizes to choose.

By the way, I was going to leave my Joe Jeep in OEM form..... Until I stumbled upon these builds. I'll have to bookmark this thread for when I wrap up current projects and get to my Jeep.

MC
Most RC website will have the scale accessories you are hot for. I have purchased lots of RC gear over the years with Bumpers-Mounts-Hitches

Most stuff is for the 1/10 scale but some of it can easily be used for 1/6.

The bamboo rod is a Bitter End custom of course :tongue My flies and lures were tied on my fly bench.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Right on! Thank you sir!

I've considered grabbing some 1/10 accessories, but I was unsure on how they would look and which size to go with. You wouldn't happen to remember the hitch and shackle specs/dimensions would you?

Nice! That fishing gear is just awesome! I've found 6 1/2" and 8" rods at craft stores, you think they would look proper with a 12" figure?

Making my own would be awesome, but I don't know how to go about it. Especially since I want to make spinning and baitcast rods/reels.

Thank you again for your help!

MC

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Right on! Thank you sir!

I've considered grabbing some 1/10 accessories, but I was unsure on how they would look and which size to go with. You wouldn't happen to remember the hitch and shackle specs/dimensions would you?

Nice! That fishing gear is just awesome! I've found 6 1/2" and 8" rods at craft stores, you think they would look proper with a 12" figure?

Making my own would be awesome, but I don't know how to go about it. Especially since I want to make spinning and baitcast rods/reels.

Thank you again for your help!

MC
Here are a couple of up close and personal snaps of the winch, shackle and rod.

The bamboo rod comes in at just a hair under 12". The handle of course is cork, the eyelets wire, and the reel is actually two snaps I affixed nipple to nipple, mounting a knob on the edge. All bound together with standard black fly tying thread. I have another I am putting together with much better attention to detail, that has a much finer taper at the end of the rod. This one was my first attempt and I was getting a little impatient to see how it would turn out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Awesome footage BitterEnd!

Glad to see you got some R&R and back in action!

I may have some questions for you regarding RC's since I just picked up my first hardbody shell for a future build.

Is the red JK your rig? That's a beaut!

MC

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Awesome footage BitterEnd!

Glad to see you got some R&R and back in action!

I may have some questions for you regarding RC's since I just picked up my first hardbody shell for a future build.

Is the red JK your rig? That's a beaut!

MC
2013 JKU, its actually my wife's daily driver. She gets lots of comments on it, it is fun to drive in this trim! She just keep letting me modity it and I just keep doing it.... go figure.

·
Registered
89 Posts
2013 JKU, its actually my wife's daily driver. She gets lots of comments on it, it is fun to drive in this trim! She just keep letting me modity it and I just keep doing it.... go figure.
Nice! I bet it's a blast on trails and terrain! I just helped a buddy build his 2010 2 door, it's a mean little bugger, but I wish his was the 4 door. The 4 doors look the best lightly modded to modded!

That's awesome and too funny! :lol

Well keep up the good work, it's an amazing rig thus far!

Building an RC version of her Jeep with mini you and her would be awesome! Heck it could even be an unusual yet rewarding anniversary or valentines day present :wink

Can't wait to watch for updates on your threads again

Mike

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Nice! I bet it's a blast on trails and terrain! I just helped a buddy build his 2010 2 door, it's a mean little bugger, but I wish his was the 4 door. The 4 doors look the best lightly modded to modded!

That's awesome and too funny! :lol

Well keep up the good work, it's an amazing rig thus far!

Building an RC version of her Jeep with mini you and her would be awesome! Heck it could even be an unusual yet rewarding anniversary or valentines day present :wink

Can't wait to watch for updates on your threads again

Mike
Well, that is how this whole RC bug bit me again... :knock After she picked up hers, I found the Axial kit for the 2012 JK.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts