One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
I believe you are correct in SOTW making one. I had to make my own for my Carlos Hathcock figure:

·
Custom User Title
2,594 Posts
I believe you are correct in SOTW making one. I had to make my own for my Carlos Hathcock figure:

Actually Butch the SOTW is closer to a winchester model 70 which is what Hathcock used with the Unertial scope

Wiwonas rifle is a Remington 700 with a composite stock just add wood grain and repaint it and you will have a Nam era rifle

check it out here
http://www.texasbrigadearmory.com/m70.htm

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I believe the 21st Century Toys SWAT sniper figure came with a model 700 rifle in black. It was AFAIR very similar to Winona's.

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Actually Butch the SOTW is closer to a winchester model 70 which is what Hathcock used with the Unertial scope

Wiwonas rifle is a Remington 700 with a composite stock just add wood grain and repaint it and you will have a Nam era rifle

check it out here
http://www.texasbrigadearmory.com/m70.htm
Chet, that's what I used for the one in the picture...It's DML Winona's shaped and sanded and re-painted in wood grain, with the scope from DML Alan, the Pacific Marine Sniper.

·
Registered
800 Posts
21st Century toys made a few sniper guns. Not great, but not too bad from a distance either. None would be an exact match for a Vietnam era gun because of stock shapes and telescopes. The bolts also tend to be too thick.

The problem with a Vietnam era gun is matching the telescope. The modern scopes are much bigger.

- Ivan.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
IIRC . . .

DML produced one with their NYPD ESU "Winona" one. It also came with the rifle carrying bag/case.

21STCT produced one was well their SWAT sniper boxed figure & carded uniform set. The same rifle in camouflage was later included with one of their budget line of entry level boxed figures sold through K-MART during latter year/end of 21STCT. I believe the rifle was also included in one their later/last carded weapons set offerings as well.

SOTW produced one with the Vietnam USMC sniper carded uniform set.

HASBRO produced one also that came with their GI JOE CLASSIC COLLECTION USMC sniper boxed figure. I believe they included it with one of their recent modern offerings within the past few years as well.

TRIAD TOYS offered one as well that came with thier G4H Sniper outfit set. I was basically a recast of the one with 21STCT.

There was a time when the rifle was readily available (especially the DML one), but nowadays maybe far and few.

You're best is probably eBay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts