One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am pretty sure you two would have hit it off, Ryan. You two share the zeal for getting it right.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have to say that after being off this site for a long time, I logged on a few months ago only to read this about Ryan. truthfully I took it very hard and immediately logged off.
I met Ryan on this site and we became pretty good friends, even though it was through emails and phone calls. Ryan always wanted to become a Police Officer and being one myself, he would always ask me questions. I always gave him the best advice I could and I was confident that he would become a Fine Officer one day. I will never forget the day he was hired. when he called me I could see the smile through the phone and I was so proud for him. Being A big patch collector Ryan always sent me patches that he got when he was on a Tour of Duty.
After going through some normal life stuff that takes you away from hobbies, I only spoke with him briefly here and there.
We still continued to send emails and he always begged me to trade him some of my rare parts, which always ended in an inside joke. I always told him that when I got the chance to travel out there, that I would bring him the parts he wanted. I wish I would have taken that trip...........

Ryan was a True Gentleman, an Honorable Soldier, a Brother Officer and a Hero.
One day will shall meet Brother, until then may You Rest in Peace!!!!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Two years since we lost Ryan, and part of me still can't believe it. I sometimes expect him to log on and post some new bash. We go on, so much less for his absence, and so much more for having known him.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Life gets too rushed sometimes, but I remembered this today. Three years, and at times like this, it's like Ryan only just left. He posted in staff, early that terrible day. He brought his usual balanced and even-tempered perspective to a matter, which was how he approached life.

To quote his signature:
Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light...

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Been thinking about Ryan a bunch lately. Good to see this thread again - people remembering him - seeing the pics. It is a good memorial to a great man.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Four years today, family and friends around the world remember. I found a pic of Ryan in uniform today. Far superior to some of the official pics, where I think they digitally removed his ever-present smile.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
You will never be forgotten Ryan.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Five years. We are not the same without you, Ryan. We carry on, because we know you would have.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Ryan P. Bonaminio
End of Watch 07 November, 2010

Six years, and today the pain is as sharp as then. We carry that with us, as well as the best of what Ryan was. I believe he leads the watch over all of us here.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would like to say, that although I wasnt on the board at the time, he seems (based on posts) he was an outgoing, and truly loyal man. Rest in peace, sir.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts