One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......you were little and you got a cool toy at the store. The smell of plastic as you opened the box, oh how sweet that smell was. My little guy (4 in June) is a newly indoctrinated 1:6 fan. He came on board just in time for the return of 1:6 to retail outlets like Walmart and Target. Here he is with his first figure from a store rather than from my collection. Kudos to Hasbro for making 1:6 "toys" for the collectors of the future.

PS: note the extra set of snakes he scored from Daddy's figure;)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Wow...talk about taking me back to my childhood...yes, yes..boy do I remember that smell of plastic when opening my new treasure..nicely done. I too am reliving my childhood through my 4 year old son.

Kudo's..

Regards,

Echo 7

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
ahhh...memories...i can still smell the benzine.about the same time i got into g.i.joe..my friend over the hill had a huge collection...he later wrote a book on joes and got hired by hasbro...he's involved with their star wars line.why cant that happen to me?..something called skill and talent i guess.who knows? your tyke could be a honcho in a toy company someday...i'll take that over throwing balls through a hoop.

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
God Bless anyone who raises their children to not only love toys, but to love Indiana Jones.

I'm so glad he's back.....:clap

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
I m sure your kid is one happy child right now..

no sight of hasbro indiana over here in france as of now..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
your friend

ahhh...memories...i can still smell the benzine.about the same time i got into g.i.joe..my friend over the hill had a huge collection...he later wrote a book on joes and got hired by hasbro...he's involved with their star wars line.why cant that happen to me?..something called skill and talent i guess.who knows? your tyke could be a honcho in a toy company someday...i'll take that over throwing balls through a hoop.
So you grew up with Derryl Depriest eh? He is a damn cool guy. I met him around 2000 at the Target in Mira Mesa. We actually had one of our local Joe club meetings at his house once. His Joe room was like the "Holiest of Holies" of vintage stuff. Definitely a cool dude and deserving of the Hasbro gig.

PS: Sorry you live in El Cajon, you should move over here to Spring Valley, or "Paradise" as we locals call it.........LOL....JK

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
yup mahseer, none other than 3-D hisself(what we called him back in the day).he had the best yard in the world to play in.stumbled accross his book at bookstar in la mesa(back when there was a bookstar) and got halfway through it before i recognized the name('oh my gosh!...its him...he wrote a book!..coool!') used to live up the road on jamacha...now i'm exiled to the 'box'.good times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts