One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a heck of a time dressing my Phicen female. Expensive, tight/form fitting pants designed for Phicen female have ripped in the crotch, others get pulled off her bottom when put in poses. I know the saran wrap trick, but even then velcro flys are ready to burst, and belts are tedious to work with particularly in the process of modifying clothes, zip ties are ok but they cost money. I've learned many Ken/GI Joe clothes work reasonably well but tend to be a bit baggy, long limbed and not very form flattering, (I haven't tried GI Joe pants yet, but tops are "OK" with rolled sleeves) many of the Ken clothes fit very well but aren't as realistic/detailed as I'd like. I am aware however that elastic topped Ken/Joe pants fit the ladies better.

I bought my Phicen to make a Tank Girl character with a wardrobe to match her diverse looks from both the comics and the movie, and have been able to get pretty close to some of her outfits, but I still need cutoff jean shorts, which are absurdly expensive for how unrealistic and little detail most have. I'd prefer to buy jeans and cut them off myself, but the female ones look way too tight, are at least 15$ before shipping, and there's no guarantee the material will fray (like cut offs) or hold together right if I cut them. The price and risk involved don't seem worth it, and don't think they'd fit.

I have a 1/6 TBLeague Long Legs & Slim Shoulder Seamless Body S32A S33B — GIANTOY action figures her dimensions seem more realistic than many of the models, but her buttocks are deceptively huge front to back, and suspect her legs may be longer than others. Most pants won't cover her crack because the inseam sewing or thigh tightness prevents pulling them up all the way. The cheapest of aftermarket Ken pants seem to fit best, but don't have much detail, the pairs I tried cutting the legs off for the project fell apart because of how they were sewn. (down seams are reinforced with the end seams, they unthreaded and tore in the middle) The inseams on the female clothes I've bought designed for Phicen just aren't big enough to fit her. I have one nice pair of pants, but she can't bend her knees they're so tight and am reluctant to cut those since they are my only decent pair, and they're black and not exactly right for the outfit.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with using 1/6 men's pants on Phicen Female, and what kind of results they've had. There are very detailed 1/6 men's jeans for under 10$ which seem to have bigger inseams which I think could work, but wonder if they'd be too big to be credible or form flattering. I'm concerned the waist would have a huge bunching overlap. I'm pretty crafty with scissors and glue guns, but not great at sewing. I'm currently considering this product to purchase to cut the legs off. They have a 2 pair version for 12$ but this link has better pictures Amazon.com: LoveinDIY 1/6 Scale Male Classic Denim Jeans Pants W/Belt for 12'' Action Figure Body : Toys & Games The pants fit the slimmer male figures pretty well, but it's hard to assess how wide their waists are by comparison, and how much of the inseam would be pulled up by my girl's bottom. I'd rather have her clothes look "real" than "sexy" but it's hard to say if the back pockets would look remotely right on her bottom. The clothes should look like she'd actually wear them. I'm also considering this set, from reviews I think the male pants would fit, but are lacking in detail, the jackets are nice though I'm sure one would work, and it's a nice set for the price. Amazon.com: E-TING Leather Coat Suit Cool Wild Motorcycle Style Couple Clothes for 11.5″ Girl Dolls and 12″ Boy Doll(Black) : Toys & Games

Any "rules of thumb" for clothes shopping/dressing Phicen females would welcome. Any ideas for my specific problem would be greatly appreciated. I'm also trying to find just basic affordable white/off white/light tan T-shirts for her. Many I've found are velcro backs, which ruin the realism or are an unrealistic skin tight stretch material, neither are appropriate for a fashionable party girl Tank pilot gone AWOL. I bought some nice T's for male characters (dragon?) which are OK but pretty baggy in the underarms to be realistic. It really seems nuts that they don't offer normal clothes for females and charge at least 30% more than the male equivalent for the basics.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
My female figures are usually a little more formally dressed (Fallout, Red Dead, stuff like that) And I have found the most luck working with Curvy Barbie clothes. They have the same proportions, except a Phicen torso is about an inch longer, so it will require some sewing knowledge to adjust. I've attached a couple photos of a dress I'm customizing off a Susan B. Anthony Barbie. Hope this helps!
Toy Doll Sleeve Dress Gown

One-piece garment Purple Sleeve Dress Fashion design
One-piece garment Dress Neck Textile Sleeve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the insight, that's nice work. Have you had any experience using Curvy Barbie pants with Phicen?
I think that you'd either have to find a high waisted pair or add an inch to the top somehow. I usually find success either adding elastic to a male action figure pants or just taking them in at the side with my sewing machine. You can also probably find a seamstress who would do that? Barbie Clothes | MyDollyDolls This is the seamstress I used to make the dress for my Sole Survivor build. I bet you could explain your circumstances and ask her to make some custom pants? Although I'd definitely buy a cheap pair from Target or something to test the fit

·
Registered
42 Posts
Be careful using barbie clothes on Phicen figures. Phicen gets stained quickly, and clothes made for fashion toys sometimes use material that colour bleeds.
I noticed some of the barbie clothes are now made of white synthetic with colours printed on the outer side, which is a good idea, but be careful if the material is black/dark inside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts