One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the Sea Wolf, a 1/6 scale GI Joe one man submarine made by Hasbro, should be reissued. It's the most special and coolest 1/6 GI Joe vehicle that I know of. It was originally made in 1975. They probably still have the molds somewhere. There was a white GI Joe American version, and a blue-grey Action Man version in Europe. Anybody know if hasbro ever reissues any 1/6 scale GI Joe products? Are you guys up for asking Hasbro to reissue the Sea Wolf? I'm considering building my own custom 1/6 scale submarine from scratch. I mainly would need a clear plastic sphere or hemisphere and a big plastic tube. I found lots of ideas for personal submarine designs on google images.

· Registered
26 Posts
HI KILLIONAIRE,
I'VE NEVER KNOWN HASBRO TO RE-RELEASE ANYTHING THAT WASN'T STAR WARS RELATED. I'D LOVE FOR THEM TO REISSUE THE G.I. JOE WWII VEHICLES THEY MADE BACK IN 2000. THEY HAVE BECOME WAY TOO EXPENSIVE ON EBAY.
YOU MAKE UP A PETITION TO SEND TO HASBRO AND I WILL DEFINITELY SIGN IT

· Registered
2,054 Posts
There's no market for this, you're better off hunting for a vintage one and having someone with some maker skills create some higher quality 3D Printed replacement parts.

UPDATE: Ignore, I see you're already well on this road :) Good Luck.

· Registered
479 Posts
I think the Sea Wolf, a 1/6 scale GI Joe one man submarine made by Hasbro, should be reissued. It's the most special and coolest 1/6 GI Joe vehicle that I know of. It was originally made in 1975. They probably still have the molds somewhere. There was a white GI Joe American version, and a blue-grey Action Man version in Europe. Anybody know if hasbro ever reissues any 1/6 scale GI Joe products? Are you guys up for asking Hasbro to reissue the Sea Wolf? I'm considering building my own custom 1/6 scale submarine from scratch. I mainly would need a clear plastic sphere or hemisphere and a big plastic tube. I found lots of ideas for personal submarine designs on google images.

Hasbro re-released a whole line of GI Joe stuff in the early/mid 2000s, The Anniversary Edition line- complete sets of reproduction figures with carded accessory sets in reproduction boxes (only the pre-1970s military era stuff). They also had the Masterpiece Edition prior to that (which had a superior headsculpt compared to the Anniversary Edition), it was just a repro basic figure in a collector box with small book. There were a few other releases too, here and there, including a few 70s Adventure Team (AT) era figures. The now dead GIJoe club also re-released a few figures and carded sets, from military to AT era. And no one ever re-released the vehicles aside from the 1960s space capsule. The tooling is probably long gone for the Sea Wolf or other big items, melted down as the metal was probably worth more than what ever it cost to store it.

But that era of baby boomer nostolgia is gone, it seems. Corporations produce what makes them money- and now we're heading out of 80s nostalgia marketing and into 90s and beyond. So them going back to the 60s and 70s is likely never going to happen. It's sad becaue the toys from the 60 and 70s were without doubt far superior. From Major Matt Mason, Zeroids, GI Joe, etc, all that stuff was great. Only Barbie collectors remain so rabid that Mattel may reissue some pseudo repro figures from time to time. Even redlines Hot Wheels are no longer reproduced, and that is probably the most rabid (yet toxic) collector base around.

Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts