One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
While going through my local Walmart, I was pleasantly surprised to find the 4 new RAH 12" figures. They consisted of Flint, Bazooka, a Cobra figure and Dusty. I really wanted to pick up one of them but had to decide which one. I'm not really into the Joe vs. Cobra storyline so I had not interest in the Cobra Trooper. Flint had a strange cartoony face so he was out. I was seriously considering the Bazooka figure but something about his mustache reminded me of the Village People. This coming from someone that has a mustache. Then there was Dusty. Dusty comes packaged with his scarf covering his nose and mouth and his helmet covering his hair. The only thing I could tell about this figure's sculpt was the eyes were dark, looked pretty generic and he was blond based on his eyebrows. I had to see what the rest of the face looked like so I purchased Dusty.

The packaging has nice graphics with information about the character on the back. I removed the tape from the back, ripped the cardboard off and released Dusty from his twisty ties. I then took off his helmet and was extremely pleased with his head sculpt. It very generic which is something I love. He is blond with a blond beard and a red GI Joe scar on his right cheek. IMO this is one of the top sculpts that Hasbro has done. It is the basic reason I did this review. I have seen pictures of the figure but never pictures without his face covered. Dusty comes with goggles with an amber lens attached to his belt. The goggles are nice. The rubber boots are at two tone tan with black laces and soles painted on (also very nice). The pants are a tan camo with a metal snap (more positive feelings). The knee pads, rubber belt and 2 canteens (which clip on to the belt) look a little cheap but they are fine. The helmet is plastic with a glued in knit tan sun protector. The scarf is a stretchy knit (same material as the sun protector glued into the helmet) which is removable. It also comes with a spring loaded rifle with a neon green missle for the kids.

Now let's get to the body. It is a classic collection body with a molded on tee shirt. Yes I hate molded clothing. I did not like it on Johnny West and I don't like it on Joes. The tan molded shirt has a small white RAH GI Joe label painted on his right sleeve. It also has his last name (Tabur), GI Joe and a military logo painted on the front. I would gladly have given up the nicely painted boots to get a fabric tee shirt but Hasbro saw fit to do otherwise. Heck, I would gladly have paid an extra dollar or two to get him without the molded shirt. The price was $14.76 at Walmart. He has the Gung Ho grip. Overall I think the figure is great based on his head sculpt. I have read on other boards that it doesn't look like Dusty. Since I don't know what Dusty is supposed to look like, I am fine with that. If not for the the molded tee shirt I would have given Dusty an A-. Balancing the great sculpt with the so so body. I give him a B and would definitely recommend people get him. On to the pictures:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.