One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I understand that preorders can have delays. I get that. I ordered a figure from ekiahobbies.com that they were getting from Storm Collectables. I ordered this August of last year in 2016 as a gift for someone that I know. I was under the impression that they received the figure after all this time.

I called the store and they said it's still being processed and they are expecting the item and to expect a follow up email. Nothing happened so I contacted them again. They said that Storm Collectibles sent the wrong item and asked if I would like that item instead. I said I wasn't interested and asked if they are getting the correct item. They then told me that they aren't going to do buisness with them anymore and that they went ahead and cancel the order and automatically issued me store credit. I told them I rather keep the order as is just in case they can get the right figure in. They said it was too late and ended the conversation. I'm annoyed they didn't ask me what to do before cancellation.

I'm browsing through the site and I have no idea where store credit would be listed. So, I called since it's been a few days. I was told that they cancelled the order and that they were waiting for me to contact them if I wanted store credit or refund. I told the person that he just told me he automatically issued me store credit a few days past. He said he had no idea what I asking him. He then gave the phone to a woman who said they are expecting the correct shipment from Storm Collectables. So, I asked to reinstate the order. She did and tells me it's best not to cancel the order then. I told her I didn't want the order cancel to begin with and told her that the other guy told me they aren't doing buisness with Storm Collectables. She said she had no idea what I meant and said they are expecting a shipment.

Over a month after the new release date they told me they aren't getting any shipments from Storm. I'm annoyed and requested a refund. I was told that I had to file a paypal complaint and a refund would be issued. I filed the one year old complaint and called the next day as instructed. They then told me they can't issue a refund adn it's their policy for store credit only. So, I asked him why he told me to starta paypal dispute? He gave me no answer. I asked if he can just use the "send money" feature. He said he is unable to do so and asked me to wait for shipment to arrive and gave me a new release date.

After the new date I called again. And the guy said "we don't charge for preorders" and I remind them that they did and they already took my money. I politely ask for the status and they told me they had no idea if a shipment was coming. So I politely ask for a refund. They said they are sending me a check and changing the status of my order as refunded.

Next day they change the order back to awaiting fulfillment? I called and ask what that meant? The same guy appears clueless and said "You wanted a refund?" Then he said no matter what they do I'll be angry with them. I told him of course, each time I called it's a different story. He got annoyed and gave the phone to the woman. I told her I'm annoyed and told her about the paypal dispute. She said she doesn't know why I did that as they said they would give a refund. I told her that guy instructed me to do so. She said that doesnt' make sense.

Anyway, that's my rant. I have no idea if they are really sending me a check or not. They are properly still waiting if Storm is sending them the item or not after telling me they are and not doing buisness with them at the same time.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Wow, that's really annoying. Sounds like one or both of these employees don't know what store policy is. At this point, I would bark it up the food chain. Either speak to the owner, or continue with your Paypal dispute.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
Based on what you posted, it appears to be an issue of confusion, miscommunication, and misunderstanding at the very least.

Overall, I've heard or read mostly positive things about them with an occasional issue. Everyone have their own personal demands, expectations, and preferences when it comes to service with any 1:6 vendor.

I am guessing the two individuals you spoke with at Ekia is Alex and Candy. Based on my experiences with them, they're good people.

I hope you're able to resolve your issue in a timely matter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dunno the names of the two people I spoke with. They both seem to have an asian accent. I'm guessing my order is the "occasional issue" But it's bad customer service. I don't understand why they both gave me the run around. If a store promise a refund well... why can't the customer get the refund? One phone call should have solved this matter.

The sad part is if they were just upfront with everything instead of giving me a run around I would probably just let it go and buy something else. Instead I've been waiting for a delivery they weren't going to be able to fulfill anymore. That is pure bull****.

Credit card charge back is 3 months. Paypal is longer but not a year. So, I'm at their mercy for a refund. I could call again in a week or so. But the aggravation...... I dunno if they are both really bad employees or they doing this on purpose so I give up asking for a refund. i feel like calling them again if the check doesn't arrive. But if that happens they probably won't know what check I'm even talking about.

The thing the guy said "we don't charge pre orders" is a lie. The site brings you straight to paypal after adding preorders to your cart. No, I'm not buying anything from them. They can't even admit they keep changing their stories.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Credit card charge back is 3 months. Paypal is longer but not a year. So, I'm at their mercy for a refund. I could call again in a week or so. But the aggravation...... I dunno if they are both really bad employees or they doing this on purpose so I give up asking for a refund. i feel like calling them again if the check doesn't arrive. But if that happens they probably won't know what check I'm even talking about.
Full payment for a preorder that is outside of a 20 day delivery is against the Paypal TOS. Standard transactions would be 180 days. You can always call and discuss that with paypal to see how they handle violations. This is provided that you aren't able to resolve the matter with Ekia of course. It sounds like it should hopefully be resolved if the check arrives.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've only had good experiences with them thus far but they definitely do charge the full amount whenever you put the preorder in, even if that's an year before. You'd think they would know this? I'd agree and say speak with a higher up or keep up the pressure with PayPal. Go for the refund so your money is out of there.

·
1:6 Miniature Craftsman
682 Posts
Based on what you posted, it appears to be an issue of confusion, miscommunication, and misunderstanding at the very least.

Overall, I've heard or read mostly positive things about them with an occasional issue. Everyone have their own personal demands, expectations, and preferences when it comes to service with any 1:6 vendor.

I am guessing the two individuals you spoke with at Ekia is Alex and Candy. Based on my experiences with them, they're good people.

I hope you're able to resolve your issue in a timely matter.
It seems pretty clear that they are giving him the run-around so they don't have to give a refund. They also violated Paypal's terms and conditions by compelling him to pay in full for a pre-order that is over 20 days. If they don't get their act together, Paypal will close their account.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got my refund check today. It's from Ekiahobies but check says Castle Collectables.

What a freakin headache. I'm tempted to write a bad review anyway but I got my refund so unsure if posting a bad review ie google is worth it.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
You should be glad you got a refund since the timeline for a paypal dispute is 180 days.
that's why i usually pay through paypal, but using a credit card rather than paypal balance or bank account. that way i have redundant coverage should an issue arise. if i can't get satisfaction thru paypal, i can do a chargeback thru the card

1 - 11 of 11 Posts