21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
BLOODY BRILLIANT !!!!!

·
Hidin' in da jungle
489 Posts
I've got a quick question concerning this technique......how does one go about reattaching the upper headsculpt and hair piece back to the lower portion???

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a question. What kind of glue do you use to attach the hair to the head and then do use the same kind to reattach the two parts of the head?

DF

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
I tried this technique and it worked well - had to use Plastic Welder to reattach the skulltop/hair back to the head sculpt...

Thanks for the tutorial...

I'll have pics of the head up when I post my SCI FI GROUP BASH final fig on August 1...

·
1/6 24/7!
1,253 Posts
xenoviper said:
Also im having trouble finding a suitable material to use as hair ... any suggestions and where i could look for ?
go to fly fishing store. They sell furs of many differet kinds for make flies. So, you can check it out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello,

For the pro-tec piece you could use doll hair from a craft store or artificial fur from a fabric shop. This can be attached using archery glue: NPV, HMG, Duco, Goat tuff and other brands that are used to glue the vanes, feathers, or nocks to the shaft. Of course you could use epoxy or even a hot melt glue but the archery glue can be applied in a thin bead and avoid the lumps that a glue gun causes and the hair clumping that epoxy glues tend to cause.

To attach the pro-tec piece back to the head, you can use a good epoxy-type cement or Goop.

Mike

21 - 40 of 44 Posts