One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· 1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody,
I present you what could probably be THE most pimped out M4 with RIS II rail in the 1/6 world, :) equipped with the latest technology in gun optics. It is also a show case of what can be accomplished today with 3D design and printing, in regard to gun accessories and the creation of HSLD "weapon systems" for modern mil enthusiasts.

In this context, I want to give a shout out to our member here, Delusional whom I asked to make in 3D the main item that did not exist at all in 1/6 scale, the Leupold Mark 8 Close Quarters Battle Sniper Scope (CQBSS) with variable 1.1-8X24 magnification, used by SOCOM and "other government entities". And he kindly obliged! :dancing:dancing

This scope is now available for everybody on Shapeways through Delusional's shop and is a 1/6 foray into a scope range that emerged as a high end "do-all" alternative for warfighters of the DOD and other Government Organizations, since it is very capable both at close range engagements AND out to more than 800 yards.

This kind of scope is also very expensive in the real world going with an MSRP of around 4.700$ in its high end reticle configurations.

Another shout out must go to Delusional and General Sam for the development of 3D offset rails and Aimpoint T1 Red-dot sights that can be mounted on them ( with two different base configurations) , and "couple" with the longer range scopes.

There is a manufacturer provided T1+ offset rail combo available from the latest Easy & Simple M110 carbine sets, but it must be noted as a warning to fellow collectors, that this combo is not compatible with most big scopes out there because it does not have enough clearance and the scope turrets interfere with using the T1, and so do not create a realistic result. However they work perfectly well with the ACOG range of scopes and "leaner scopes" with really small turrets.

Anyway here are the photos of my "Gucci" M4 rifle and I hope you enjoy

As a base rifle, I used the La Rue AR-15/M4 with SOPMOD Block II (RIS II) Rail and Magpul furniture, (I just love the CTR stock version with the enhanced rubber butt-stock and the MIAD grip) made by Very Cool for their Female Shooter figure.

This in order to recreate a state of the art SOPMOD II "clone" with aftermarket furniture worthy of an OGA/CIA Operative. It also has a Surefire "monster" suppressor with serrated edges to break easily through windshields and windows.

The end result also showcases one of the reasons rail handguards started getting longer and longer, something that looks cool on the range (and makes the rifle heavier) but can be essential in certain warfighting/defense scenarios, like a longer duration mission that transcends from daylight to darkness.

The gun is equipped with a full suite of equipment, for medium range precision and short range rapid engagement, day and night fighting (PEQ and flashlight), remote switches, plus back up iron sights, an angled forward grip and rail sling mount.

It has a 14.5 inch barrel and is configured like a light -DMR weapon suitable for head shots out to 200-300 yards (common occurrence in urban settings), due to the CQBSS high magnification, while also quite capable for house entry and surprise CQB reflexive shooting.

Total weight in real life, with this configuration would be around 11 lbs 6 oz, (5,16 kg) putting it in the same weight class with an AK-47. Not light mind you, but compact and with not too much weight at the front, especially without the suppressor, that weights about 17.5 oz!

I also shot some photos "in the wild" :)

Please note, that the setup chosen for the accessories, is influenced by Kyle Lamb (ex-CAG Sergeant Major and owner of Viking Tactics) teachings and latest "trends".

Only the optics switch and the sling attachment are on the left hand side of the rails, so that a right handed shooter can use it over a car bonnet or a barricade in an almost 90 degree cant, in order not to expose himself. And the weapon is configured to offer relaxed very forward gripping of the handguard.

Note that the sling attachment used is not the one that comes with the Very Cool rifle. It is again a Magpul Picatinny sling mount, 3D designed and printed by Delusional and does not protrude to the left as the original does.

Last but not least, the rifle modelled by an "OGA Operative" that I had bashed as a test bed, but is way far from being finished. :bag

· 1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Re: Real "Gucci" blaster: CIA/SAD M4 with 3D Leupold CQBSS scope and offset T1

Some more info to go with the work up/ reference photos. The CQBSS is a very rugged scope with various choices of reticle - most of them illuminated- in the First Focal Plane (meaning the reticle gets bigger when the magnification gets bigger).

It is also a big scope, about 12 inches in length and weights 23 oz. You can see below a comparison with the 1/6 S&B Shortdot made by Soldier Story and Puzzle Bomb (and no the later is NOT a 1-8x24 Shortdot, it's the same with the SS one)

According to Leupold, it has been in "classified" service with…. "various government entities" since 2011, and has also won a contract as the "Heavy Day Optic" with the US Marine Corps to be used with M2 Heavy Machine Guns and MK19 Automatic Grenade launchers.
It is also widely used by MARSOC, at least since 2013, as a scope for the 7.62 M110 Carbine, employed by MSOT snipers, as well as on M4 5.56 rifles. It is also known to be used by a certain SEAL Team and thus probably (have not found relevant data yet) from equivalent US Army SOF.

Here are some two real operators using it on 5.56 platforms

Some inspiration for this particular build.

A video from Kyle Lamb and Viking Tactics on the CQBSS with some interesting stuff

And finally the 3D printed joy in its original form

I would like to thank again Delusional, Sam with his ideas for new 3D stuff, and of course all the other members here that design and print fantastic 1/6 goodies and broaden the horizon of the hobby!

As always your feedback is most welcomed :)

· delusional
1,727 Posts

Hi Tigerstr,
I designed the Leupold and the T1 to accept lens. Search for rhinestone stickers and get them in 3,4, and 5 mm sizes. It will really look great then. You could also fill in the "L" on the Leupold scope with white paint.

L8r,

Mark

· 1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hi Tigerstr,
I designed the Leupold and the T1 to accept lens. Search for rhinestone stickers and get them in 3,4, and 5 mm sizes. It will really look great then. You could also fill in the "L" on the Leupold scope with white paint.

L8r,

Mark
Agh... the "L". Yup, completely forgot about what was in front of my nose. :bag Thanks for bringing it up Mark. Fixed.

Regarding the lens stickers, I have some on order το try them (another brand I believe) but am still expecting delivery. And could not wait to assemble the "Gucci gun" :)

Absolutely gorgeous prints!
Indeed they are. And since you are one of the masters of this art here, thank you too for making us happy with your 3D designs!

Wow great work!!
Glad you appreciate it. I believe 3D design and printing is going to transform this hobby in the next few years.

Impressive work! That's from a 3d Printer?? God I need to get one for my self.
Hey man, can you imagine the combinations of 3D printing and scratch bulding/customizing? The possibilities are endless. But these are 3D designs printed by Shapeways, I am not sure a "home" 3D printer would have the same capabilities.

· 1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· Lurker
339 Posts

Very cool looking rifle. I love this style of setup. Very functional for a multi purpose role. It looks busy at a glance, but everything has a purpose.

I actually have one set up almost exactly the same way for a CAG bash, but with the conventional counterpart accessories. Very Cool rifle, Puzzle Bomb Nightforce scope, offset Aimpoint T1 from Easy & Simple, Magpul MBUS backup irons from DAM, and a Soldier Story suppressor and light, with the pressure switch on the left side for easy access when using the AFG. It's a Frankenstein piece. You're right in that the turrets from the scope partially block the T1 Micro. It's annoying, but I'm not set up for painting my own stuff at the moment, so I make do with what's available from the manufacturers.

· super hot outside
4,307 Posts

I think Soldier Story made this already with their CIA SAD and Navy Seal figure in the olden days but not as detailed and accurate as this one. Yours definitely looks better and that suppressor really rocks!

· 1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

Wicked.....
Thanks PD, always appreciate your feedback :)

Very cool looking rifle. I love this style of setup. Very functional for a multi purpose role. It looks busy at a glance, but everything has a purpose.

I actually have one set up almost exactly the same way for a CAG bash, but with the conventional counterpart accessories. Very Cool rifle, Puzzle Bomb Nightforce scope, offset Aimpoint T1 from Easy & Simple, Magpul MBUS backup irons from DAM, and a Soldier Story suppressor and light, with the pressure switch on the left side for easy access when using the AFG. It's a Frankenstein piece. You're right in that the turrets from the scope partially block the T1 Micro. It's annoying, but I'm not set up for painting my own stuff at the moment, so I make do with what's available from the manufacturers.
Thanks for your kind comment. Indeed it is "busy" but also purposeful, it would only be used by someone on a mission that may extend well into the night. If you are shooting for a CAG bash I would suggest the Puzzle bomb S&B Shortdot instead of the Nightforce, as the former is known to be used by CAG.

As someone with eye color deficiency problems, who was very hesitant with painting, I urge you to get some paint and start exploring the possibilities it offers, especially if combined with 3D parts. This is the reason I started with 1/6 painting. I promise, you will not regret it!

I think Soldier Story made this already with their CIA SAD and Navy Seal figure in the olden days but not as detailed and accurate as this one. Yours definitely looks better and that suppressor really rocks!
:thanks The suppressor is from the MSE/E&S HK416c that comes with the ZERT figure and yes it looks really good :)

Τhe scope you are referring to , is not the same with the CQBSS. It's a Schmidt & Bender 1-4X24 Shortdot ( same with the recent Puzzle Bomb one, mistakenly advertised as an S&B 1-8X24 Shortdot) and is quite smaller than the CQBSS. You can see a photo comparison of the two (without lens covers) in one of the above photos (first in post #2)

· super hot outside
4,307 Posts

Τhe scope you are referring to , is not the same with the CQBSS. It's a Schmidt & Bender 1-4X24 Shortdot ( same with the recent Puzzle Bomb one, mistakenly advertised as an S&B 1-8X24 Shortdot) and is quite smaller than the CQBSS. You can see a photo comparison of the two (without lens covers) in one of the above photos (first in post #2)
Ah yes, I wasn't reading the texts; I was thoroughly enjoying the pics and forgot to read what's already in front of my nose. Thanks for the correction.

· 1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Thats beautiful! Great work from both of yall!
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it

Beautiful piece :)
:thanks Ryan! Useful in a lot of HSLD bashes

That's pretty awesome :thumb
Thanks, 3D designs are the new 1/6 frontier :dancing

Ah yes, I wasn't reading the texts; I was thoroughly enjoying the pics and forgot to read what's already in front of my nose. Thanks for the correction.
U r welcome :) Glad you enjoyed the photos.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.