One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Humvee Madman
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday night, tough day at work and as I'm driving in to drive way I see something sticking up in the mailbox and my heart starts a flutter but I think "It's too soon...Next week for sure. Must be another reference book on antique china for the good lady".....still

Then I see it's from Ransome!

I've been drooling for the last 15 minutes or so. The perfect 1/6th scale book! I'll have more to say in a while but I'm sure it will be the classic, defining book for our hobby. If you miss out on this you will really hate yourself. Everything about 1/6th Masterpieces is so slick and professional....

No I'm stopping now because I want to look some more!!! I've be back later to rave some more but not for a couple of hours at least!

To Ransome and all the other artists that made this possible

THANK YOU!!!!

Dan

·
Zen figure master
1,204 Posts
Thanks Dan,

So glad you liked the book.

Can't take much credit, I just facilitated things in the best way I know. Kudos should go to the members of the team:

Tony Barton for his unstinting support, advice and his many inspirational works of art. And what about all those never been seen before Barton painted headsculpts - these were simply amazing! I wished I had 80 extra pages to accommodate these projects.

Nick Taylor (MisterScruff) for his professional advice on digital photography and beautifully researched and meticulously customised figures.

Lee Dobson (Ali6874), who created the most perfect Brit paratrooper I've ever seen (right down to the '70s moustache) patrolling the streets of Belfast, Northern Ireland. Interestingly, the hue of Lee's images were also desaturated to the point that I thought they looked like the illustrations from the Osprey books come alive.

Liu Chi-Chun (Skwerl), you have seen his painted headsculpts, now you can see how he handles complete figures. Totally gritty and realistic!

Luca Montenovesi (vettius64) and Francesco Amodeo (darkner_imperator) - the Italian Masters! Together they created figures from different theatres of war - snow, sand, mud, shingle, countryside, etc. Superb articulation and detailing; it was simply thrilling to see and learn their techniques.

Ron Escudero (USMCRon), worked his @$# off to bring his projects to completion (Ron was suffering from ill health at one critical stage of the book production, but he persevered to see this projects through). If you ever need to build a 1/6 scale diorama, he's the man! He's built part of the coconut-log seawall for a Tarawa project before, and now it's an abandoned Vietnamese temple set in the jungle.

John Richer (Boot25), Scintillating work... as always. It is unfortunate that a specially created project for the book could not at the last minute be completed due to circumstances beyond our control. So that is one diorama that we'll never see.

Me? Well, I am always learning and endeavouring to improve my skills. It's never the destination but rather the journey for me.

Cheers to all :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Ran

·
The Tash
2,177 Posts
Glad you like the book mate...I just wish I could have contributed more

·
Zen figure master
1,204 Posts
Sample images can be found at the link provided in the thread:

"1/6th Masterpieces" - THE Book for 1/6th Collectors!

·
CUSTOM USER TITLE
1,323 Posts
Looks like a fantastic book. Can I ask how many copies are available? I ask because it will be a while before I can afford a copy.

Cheers,

Sean

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
I dont have any way of paying for the book. Unless somebody wants to pick up an extra copy and I'll pay them to ship it to my area...

·
Zen figure master
1,204 Posts
Sean: There is still availability - but stocks are very limited.

Reservation is on a first-come-first-served basis; once PayPal payment is cleared the book is shipped off to the customer. I try to do that every Saturday (or have the wife despatch it for me on Wednesdays) as I have to work Mondays-Friday.

Thanks guys

:ninja

·
Freakin custom figure god!
1,275 Posts
I have to say Ran did an awesome job on the book! I also wish I could have contributed more, but real life issues got in the way as they always seem to do at the most unfortunate times
Thanks again Ran!

·
Zen figure master
1,204 Posts
JediGuy: Thanks, glad you liked the book!

boot25: It was good working with you. Too bad about that project that got away huh?

Ran

·
Registered
85 Posts
My copy arrived in the UK today and well pleased with it I am. It has been met with universal praise by the other collectors who work here.

Thanks very much Ransome

Jon

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
mine shipped out earlier this week - hope to have it in the next two weeks or so...

Can't wait to get it...

I sure hope an encore is planned with more sci-fi and fantasy to be involved... ;) :D

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Got mine about a week ago and have to say, I'm amazed at the quality - not only of the book, but of the amazing work the book contains as well - great job to all who contributed!

I would love to see a 1/6 Masterpieces Vol. 2 and would love to see more non-military bashes included in it - considering I've never customized a military figure before (no desire considering I spent 4 years in uniform and have no desire to see them on my display shelves), I stick to primarily to original sci-fi and fantasy characters, a very non-represented genre in our hobby it seems...

W

·
Zen figure master
1,204 Posts
A load of 1/6th Masterpieces was shipped off today bound for the following destinations:

USA
UK
Germany
Spain
Australia
Canada
Hongkong
Belgium

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Man, this book is great,I want to thank you and the others for your time and effort in bringing this Masterpiece book to the forefront of this hobby.:cheers My book came fast.The wife's mouth dropped when she looked at this book, the detail, the photos, she said you guys did a great job!!! So :cheers again!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts